Tri-Luma Side Effects
Generic name: fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 21, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Tri-Luma.
Common side effects of Tri-Luma include: burning sensation, desquamation, pruritus, erythema of skin, and xeroderma. See below for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.
For the Consumer
Applies to fluocinolone/hydroquinone/tretinoin topical: topical application cream
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, fluocinolone/hydroquinone/tretinoin topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
- Redness, peeling, drying, itching, or burning of the skin
- Darkening of normal skin color
- irritated skin
Incidence not known
- Blistering, crusting, or flaking of the skin
- burning and itching of the skin with pinhead-sized red blisters
- lightening of normal skin color
- redness and scaling around the mouth
- severe redness, soreness, or scaling of the skin
- thinning of the skin with easy bruising
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Blemishes on the skin
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- raised, dark red, wart-like spots on the skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical: topical cream
Very common (10% or more): Erythema (up to 41%), desquamation (up to 38%), dryness (up to 14%), pruritus (up to 11%)
Very common (10% or more): Burning (18%)
Common (1% to 10%): Paresthesia[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Irritation[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Dry mouth[Ref]
More about Tri-Luma (fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical)
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 82 Reviews
- Drug class: topical depigmenting agents
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Tri-Luma (fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical)." Galderma Laboratories Inc, Fort Worth, TX.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.