User Reviews for Tri-Luma

Learn more about Tri-Luma.

Tri-Luma Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Melasma.

Reviews for Tri-Luma to treat Melasma

"All I can say is Hallelujah!!!! God is so good, I got my skin back. I never had any skin problem until my first pregnancy at 27. I was not make up or any other cream user, but had the very clean face. Everyone, stops me and ask me what kind of make I use. But this became story after I gave birth to my first child. I have been struggling with it one day Dr. Simpson prescribed this cream for me. With in few days , the very brown spot on my nose went away. Good is so good!!!! Ladies with same problem, please give it try and hope you won't regret. May glory be to the Mighty LORD!!"

Anonymous September 2, 2016

"Is this product a few years ago then the company stopped making it was very disappointed because the results are awesome want to see my derm she said the pharmaceutical company is making triluma again and 4 days later my face is completely clear I was advised to continue to wear my sunscreen and hats"

Lovechild 2372 August 13, 2016

"As others have noted, I too have tried many different products and procedures to reduce or eliminate my melasma. It was deep in nature and over my forehead, cheeks and upper lip. Makeup barely helped to mask the melasma. I ordered Triluma online through a pharmacy in Mexico (I've done this previously with other prescription medications) and have been using it morning and night for the past month. All I can say is hallelujah!! Although the melasma isn't completely gone is it a good 80% lightened on my cheeks & upper lip. My forehead has lightened, but not quite as much. Maybe 60 to 70% lighter. I wear a non-chemical sunscreen (zinc oxide type), and generally wear a hat when out in the sun."

WisMom72 August 3, 2016

"I've used a lot of different products for many years but unfortunately didn't really work and I'm frustrated and gave up myself. And now my primary Doctor recommended me this Tri Luma and just for 3 weeks it really looks amazing. Very satisfied! This is really true!"

Luvet (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

"I am not a blogger at all but I feel it is my duty to write this review because I know there are countless other women who suffer from persistent melasma like myself. It has been almost two years that I have been fighting with ugly dark spots on my cheeks and upper lip due to contraceptions which I quit using after finding out what I thought to be harmless sunspots are actually a nightmarish side effect of birth control pills. After several visits to different doctors' offices and a ton of useless over-the-counter and prescription drugs (like Tretionin) my last and and most understanding dermatologist prescribed Tri-luma, even though this is not a cure, in less than ten days my spots are visibly lighter and barely noticeable. It works!"

B.Y. March 7, 2016

"I have very mild sun damage and my skin was just starting to look dull and tired. I take care of my skin, exfoliate regularly and moisturize. But I am in my early 40's and just didn't seem to have a "fresh" looking complexion anymore. HELLO TRI-LUMA! I just started using this product after my doctor suggested it. I don't have enough damage or problems to warrant peels or more intense treatment options so Tri-Luma was his recommendation. And I must say, just after a few treatments, my face looks AMAZING. I am so thankful something like this exists. I highly recommend. And the cost is nothing compared to what you could spend on facials, peels and random expensive beauty creams. Who needs $500 LaMer when $100 Tri-Luma exists? Duh."

ChloeAnn2016 March 4, 2016

"I'm so amazed Saw a huge difference in 4 days Today is day 16 and my cheeks are CLEAR."

LunaJadebella February 20, 2016

"this is a product that TRULY WORKS, I'm 58 years young and I have a a few dark spots on my cheek. After 2 weeks, all 3 spots were lighter, after 3 weeks they are nearly not noticeable. I'm on my 4th week and I couldn't love this product any more. One expensive tube will last several months and is worth every penny of it."

ladyglass (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2016

"It's working !!!"

Adiss abeba January 10, 2016

"I'm very disappointed, my dermatologist prescribed Triluma. After the first tube which was I got from the dermatologist, the brown spot became darker. I went back to the dermatologist and he said that I should continue using the product. I bought the second tube and the spots fade away very slightly, but as soon as I stop using it the spot just reappear. I pay 150 dollar for each bottle."

Marchmed November 28, 2015

"Due to hormonal changes and reduced levels of melanin, I have increasingly witnessed spots on my cheeks and on my nose. I used various Vitamin C serums and other over-the-counter lightening creams. They only had minimal effect and seemed to take a lot of time to achieve anything. The Tri Luma cream requires a prescription and is not covered by insurance (I paid $107.20 for it with a discount card...think it was originally $148.99). Yes, it is pricey, but may I say, upon using it, it is absolutely worth it!! I saw diminished darkness and spotting after the first night of use and upon each night's use. I have used it for 4 nights now and it has faded the splotches significantly!! Wow!"

Azadi (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2015

"For about 5 months I struggled with melasma from birth control pills. I originally thought it was just from a bad sunburn but I finally decided to go to my dermatologist. She prescribed tri luma. It cost around $120 (insurance did not cover) but I have to say it was worth it. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and the brown splotches on my face are almost all gone. I saw improvement in a week. My only regret is that I did not visit the dermatologist sooner to get it!! Its a lot of money but it definitely works. Very excited to not look like a star trek character anymore ;)"

KP123 August 25, 2015

"I have acne scars as well as hypo and hyper pigmentation. My skin was a mess. My dermatologist recommended tri luma after trying everything under the sun (from microdermabrasion, to chemical peels, I even tried laser treatments). The cream has worked wonders! It has been just three months and my skin looks great. Everything is fading. The cream, while expensive, lasts a long time. I bet I get 4 months out of my first tube. While I paid $127, that only averages out to about $30 a month. Not bad at all! The only downside to this cream is that you do have to be VERY careful around the corners of your mouth and open sores."

Hoosierdog (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

"Just a few days and I see the improvements. I too have been wearing heavy makeup and can't wait to stop. You can get the prescription filled at Costco just over $100 with membership. I initially went in to the dermatologist thinking I would end up paying for expensive laser treatment and was relieved to only have to spend $100. This prescription works a whole lot better than hydroquinone on its own."

AOrd (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2015

"I been on it for a week and my face spots have cleared up. Before the cream I tried many products even a facial peel and nothing work.I'm so glad I got this cream. I went to skin spectrum and I had a great dermatologist recommend tri luma . I'm so happy with my results"

Yessenia Morando (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

"I've been dealing with acne for over a year now which has resulted in unsightly dark spots around the sides of my face and forehead. I've used numerous chemical peels and microdermabrasion's which did not help. Finally I seen a dermatologist who prescribed Tri-Luma, and I can honestly say that it has only been a week and my dark spots are almost unnoticeable! This is TRULY a miracle in a tube! This cream is not covered with Aetna insurance, they consider this for cosmetic purposes. Retail price is about $160, but I found a coupon online which dropped the price to $110. I would definitely recommend this to ANYONE who has dark spots from acne scars!"

Chinovia July 28, 2015

"I had dark spots on my nose, forehead and chin. I use a cream almost every night for a 1,5 month and spots disappeared. It has been almost 7 years and and I noticed a small spots on my cheek and neck so I am going to try again"

Diana!!!!!!!! July 27, 2015

"I absolutely LOVE this product!!!! For several years I have been battling my dark spots on my upper lip and cheeks. I just couldn't go anywhere without packing on a heavy coat of makeup. Thanks to my wonderful dermatologist that recommended "Tri-Luma". I'm happy to say I don't need the heavy cover-up makeup or any makeup at all. I notice the results within a week. It is a bit pricey, however i was able to find several coupons on the web. The total price was only $100, and sooooooo worth it!!!"

Patty CLEAR cakes (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

"I'm brown skin and tri luma didn't work for me. As soon as I started to use tri luma I notice my dark spots was beginning to become darker, I was very upset with the result of my dark marks becoming darker after a week I discontinue to use. I think that this product is only for light skin people."

Sade- (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015

"I'm 44 yrs. old and it worked for me with in a week. This product is worth every penny!!"

CC1 July 10, 2015

"It works. Very good product"

Kolovivi June 28, 2015

"I just want to say that I am amazed!! I'm 37 and had severe malasma for over 3 years but thanks to Tri-luma it has changed my life and my confidence again. I'm almost 4 weeks in. Maas results after 1 week and amazing between 3-4 week. I don't have to wear such heavy makeup anymore !!!! So happy . I highly recommend this product. It really works !!!"

So happy!! (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

"Tri-Luma is miracle in a tube I've been struggling with dark spots for about 4 years and scars from severe acne tried every skin lighting cream you can think of and nothing works went to a dermatologist and he prescribed tri-Luma an I saw results in less than a week. Being using it now for about weeks an my spots completely gone. Great product I would recommend it to everyone who struggling with dark spots. insurance doesn't cover it but can get it at Walmart for $118.00 with the result it worth every penny."

Dria909 April 10, 2015

"Wow, finally a treatment that actually works in clearing dark spots! I was a skeptic, but within a week of using Tri-Luma Cream my dark spots were clear! I got a great price on Tri-Luma which was sold at my Dermatologist's office."

Jamie322 March 27, 2015

"Had dark lines in my forehead from the clippers burning my skin. On my 8th day and the cuts have vanished about 70%. I used all types of creams and nothing worked. Triluma is the best. I would recommend this to anyone with dark spots. "

Gee 2 November 14, 2014

More about Tri-Luma (fluocinolone / hydroquinone / tretinoin topical)

Professional resources