User Reviews for Tri-Luma

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tri-Luma.

Tri-Luma Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 3 medications used in the treatment of Melasma.

Reviews for Tri-Luma to treat Melasma

"I've tried everything. I've tried Rodin and Fields, I've tried very expensive chemical peels, I've tried regular hydroquinone. This is the only thing that has given me any results. I've been using it for a few weeks and I've already seen a difference. It's been especially effective on the melasma on my fore head, although it is also made my melasma mustache considerably lighter. You have to go to the doctor to have it prescribed, and it is very expensive. I think with the coupon I paid about $150. To me it's worth it. I've been self-conscious about this for far too long."

Melasma sucks (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had melasma since 2007. I notice a small brown patch on my right side of my cheek and didn't think nothing of it till someone else noticed that it was there and was spreading. I think I was in denial until I seen it on my forehead and then on my other cheek and also upper lip. I spent a lot of money, time, and a lot of disappoint on many products. Until 2 weeks ago when my dermatologist suggested that I try tri-luma. I was at the point to where I was so discouraged and depressed I was at my point that I just didn't even want to try. I thought to myself. I'll try one more item and only cuz I looked up the reviews on tri-luma and believe me it's not cheap. But I will admit it is out of this world amazing. And it really works."

Reaney October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's hard to believe that there is a product out there that actually works but this is it. After struggling with melasma under my eyes from birth control and sun exposure I tried many different products and none even seemed to make any difference. Within a week and a half of use Triluma has reduced the darkness by probably 75%. Use sparingly and follow instructions, more isn't better with this product. A small amount does the trick."

PLR05 October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"What a nightmare. I got melasma with my 3rd pregnancy and tried everything home remedy with no results. I go see a Dr and he recommends TriLuma at $140 a small tube I thought this better work. Within a week I was seen results I was so excited. Continued use for a month and about 80% was gone I was happy. Once I felt it was all gone I stopped using it. Within 2 weeks it came back and with a vengeance! Now I have it in spots I didn't have before and darker. So of course I started back up using it and again it worked. Got off and again it came back. I use a sunscreen that is 80SPF and never do outdoor activities so I know its not me. My Dr told me this cannot be used longterm cause it thins out the skin. Soooo not only a waste of money. I ended up worse save ur money"

Diana Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My dermatologist recommended this product. As a teenager I was diagnosed with Eczema/Atopic Dermatitis. I would have experienced breakouts of it , I no longer experience breakouts, however I remained with dark spots all over my body, main problem area-my legs. I am now 30 years old. My now dermatologist rediagnosed me with Lichen Planus and indicated that it would take approximately 3 series of treatments to experience results, used the product faithfully for a little over 6 -8 weeks and I see zero improvement thus far, I am to return to the DR. for a review & prescription."

DanDanie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started yesterday and today I see it darker. Should I stop? I have a wedding in 10 days... will my melasma be better by then or still this dark? Thank you"

Andie19851985 July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed this by my dermatologist because I was developing brownish skin on my upper lip during the summer when I have more sun exposure. I have been on the same birth control for 12 years and never had an issue until now. I tried a bleaching cream from Amazon that didn't do much. My insurance (Anthem Blue Cross) is known to be pretty good, but because this is a cosmetic issue it is not covered. I spent about $150 on this tube of TriLuma cream. The cost is horrendous, but I only need a dab at night and after a week of use my issue has been cleared! I use SPF 100 sunscreen on my upper lip and a dot of this cream at night and I am all set. It is worth it for me."

AF375 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Some people have commented that their skin actually has gotten darker a few days after beginning to apply Tri-Luma. The same happened to me, but I realized that my problem was that after I applied Tri-Luma before bed time, I would read for about one hour with a light directly on my face. The chemicals in the cream were reacting to the light. I stopped the treatment for a few days. When again I started applying Tri-Luma, I immediately turned off the lights and went to sleep. That worked! After two months I now have about 90% clearer skin (I am olive skinned)."

Milesjamor April 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This Cream will only work when you apply it. Once you stop, Hyperpigmentation reappears even faster than it disappeared. Means that you have to use it for the rest of your life. "

FRELIMO_2 March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Amazing! I've struggled with melasma for a long time. I was so tired of my extensive make up routine and feeling embarrassed to be bare faced in front of my boyfriend, my confidence was shot. After researching many products to see if there was any hope I stumbled upon this gem of a page. Tri luma!! I can't praise this product enough, it's changed my life. I went out in public with no make up on for the first time in years. It took about a month to see drastic results. Don't be discouraged if you don't see results in one week, keep diligent with the routine and it will work. So worth the money."

Alexandria M March 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This product is amazing! So happy to see it available again. Negative reviews seem to be people that weren't given proper instructions (or ignored the instruction given) to say out of the sun or use strong protection when using. Tri Luma is the only product out there that worked/works for me and that has made a huge difference in my life. I have seem amazing results in just a week when I first started using it. I am happy that its available again. Thank you for finally bringing it back. LOVE!"

Kitee (taken for 10 years or more) February 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had so much dark spots and my doctor prescribed this medication best thing ever work in less than a Week am happy skin is flawless now"

Haffi November 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have never written a review for a product before, and I fall under the category of people that had previously tried EVERY single other method out there for melasma, seeing hydroquinone products as a last last last resort. I've spent a good $300 bucks trying to rid myself of the melasma mustache that I received from a combo of birth control pills and sun exposure. After consulting with a dermatologist, the preconceived notions I had against hydroquinone got cleared up, and I started taking Tri-Luma. It's been SEVEN DAYS, and my melasma is almost gone. I could not be more thankful. My advice- get off birth control immediately, practice religious sun care, and don't be afraid of hydroquinone:)"

Kori Meloy (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"All I can say is Hallelujah!!!! God is so good, I got my skin back. I never had any skin problem until my first pregnancy at 27. I was not make up or any other cream user, but had the very clean face. Everyone, stops me and ask me what kind of make I use. But this became story after I gave birth to my first child. I have been struggling with it one day Dr. Simpson prescribed this cream for me. With in few days , the very brown spot on my nose went away. Good is so good!!!! Ladies with same problem, please give it try and hope you won't regret. May glory be to the Mighty LORD!!"

Anonymous September 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Is this product a few years ago then the company stopped making it was very disappointed because the results are awesome want to see my derm she said the pharmaceutical company is making triluma again and 4 days later my face is completely clear I was advised to continue to wear my sunscreen and hats"

Lovechild 2372 August 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"As others have noted, I too have tried many different products and procedures to reduce or eliminate my melasma. It was deep in nature and over my forehead, cheeks and upper lip. Makeup barely helped to mask the melasma. I ordered Triluma online through a pharmacy in Mexico (I've done this previously with other prescription medications) and have been using it morning and night for the past month. All I can say is hallelujah!! Although the melasma isn't completely gone is it a good 80% lightened on my cheeks & upper lip. My forehead has lightened, but not quite as much. Maybe 60 to 70% lighter. I wear a non-chemical sunscreen (zinc oxide type), and generally wear a hat when out in the sun."

WisMom72 August 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've used a lot of different products for many years but unfortunately didn't really work and I'm frustrated and gave up myself. And now my primary Doctor recommended me this Tri Luma and just for 3 weeks it really looks amazing. Very satisfied! This is really true!"

Luvet (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am not a blogger at all but I feel it is my duty to write this review because I know there are countless other women who suffer from persistent melasma like myself. It has been almost two years that I have been fighting with ugly dark spots on my cheeks and upper lip due to contraceptions which I quit using after finding out what I thought to be harmless sunspots are actually a nightmarish side effect of birth control pills. After several visits to different doctors' offices and a ton of useless over-the-counter and prescription drugs (like Tretionin) my last and and most understanding dermatologist prescribed Tri-luma, even though this is not a cure, in less than ten days my spots are visibly lighter and barely noticeable. It works!"

B.Y. March 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have very mild sun damage and my skin was just starting to look dull and tired. I take care of my skin, exfoliate regularly and moisturize. But I am in my early 40's and just didn't seem to have a "fresh" looking complexion anymore. HELLO TRI-LUMA! I just started using this product after my doctor suggested it. I don't have enough damage or problems to warrant peels or more intense treatment options so Tri-Luma was his recommendation. And I must say, just after a few treatments, my face looks AMAZING. I am so thankful something like this exists. I highly recommend. And the cost is nothing compared to what you could spend on facials, peels and random expensive beauty creams. Who needs $500 LaMer when $100 Tri-Luma exists? Duh."

ChloeAnn2016 March 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm so amazed Saw a huge difference in 4 days Today is day 16 and my cheeks are CLEAR."

LunaJadebella February 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"this is a product that TRULY WORKS, I'm 58 years young and I have a a few dark spots on my cheek. After 2 weeks, all 3 spots were lighter, after 3 weeks they are nearly not noticeable. I'm on my 4th week and I couldn't love this product any more. One expensive tube will last several months and is worth every penny of it."

ladyglass (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2016

"It's working !!!"

Adiss abeba January 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm very disappointed, my dermatologist prescribed Triluma. After the first tube which was I got from the dermatologist, the brown spot became darker. I went back to the dermatologist and he said that I should continue using the product. I bought the second tube and the spots fade away very slightly, but as soon as I stop using it the spot just reappear. I pay 150 dollar for each bottle."

Marchmed November 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Due to hormonal changes and reduced levels of melanin, I have increasingly witnessed spots on my cheeks and on my nose. I used various Vitamin C serums and other over-the-counter lightening creams. They only had minimal effect and seemed to take a lot of time to achieve anything. The Tri Luma cream requires a prescription and is not covered by insurance (I paid $107.20 for it with a discount card...think it was originally $148.99). Yes, it is pricey, but may I say, upon using it, it is absolutely worth it!! I saw diminished darkness and spotting after the first night of use and upon each night's use. I have used it for 4 nights now and it has faded the splotches significantly!! Wow!"

Azadi (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For about 5 months I struggled with melasma from birth control pills. I originally thought it was just from a bad sunburn but I finally decided to go to my dermatologist. She prescribed tri luma. It cost around $120 (insurance did not cover) but I have to say it was worth it. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and the brown splotches on my face are almost all gone. I saw improvement in a week. My only regret is that I did not visit the dermatologist sooner to get it!! Its a lot of money but it definitely works. Very excited to not look like a star trek character anymore ;)"

KP123 August 25, 2015