Salicylic acid / sulfur topical Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to salicylic acid/sulfur topical: topical bar, topical cream, topical liquid, topical lotion, topical ointment, topical shampoo, topical soap
Along with its needed effects, salicylic acid/sulfur topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur while taking salicylic acid / sulfur topical:
- Skin irritation not present before use of this medicine
Some side effects of salicylic acid / sulfur topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Redness and peeling of skin (may occur after a few days)
- unusual dryness of skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to salicylic acid / sulfur topical: topical cream, topical lotion, topical shampoo, topical soap
Dermatologic side effects including redness, peeling, irritation, and unusual dryness of skin have been reported.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Sebulex Shampoo (salicylic acid-sulfur topical)." Apothecon Inc, Princeton, NJ.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about salicylic acid/sulfur topical
- Salicylic acid/sulfur topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- 4 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents
- Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Lotion
- Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Shampoo
- Sulfur and Salicylic Acid Soap
- Salicylic acid and sulfur Topical (Advanced Reading)