RiaSTAP Side Effects
Generic name: fibrinogen
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 1, 2023.
Note: This document contains side effect information about fibrinogen. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name RiaSTAP.
Applies to fibrinogen: intravenous powder for solution.
Serious side effects of RiaSTAP
Along with its needed effects, fibrinogen (the active ingredient contained in RiaSTAP) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking fibrinogen:
- Chest pain
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence not known
- chest discomfort or tightness
- difficult or labored breathing
- difficulty with swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck
- pain, redness, or swelling in the arm or leg
- pains in the groin or legs, especially in the calves of the legs
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- severe headaches of sudden onset
- skin rash, hives, or itching
- sudden loss of coordination
- sudden onset of slurred speech
- sudden vision changes
- trouble breathing
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to fibrinogen: intravenous powder for injection.
General side effects have included chills, fever, nausea, and vomiting.[Ref]
More about RiaSTAP (fibrinogen)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: miscellaneous coagulation modifiers
- En español
Related treatment guides
1. Product Information. RiaSTAP (fibrinogen). CSL Behring LLC. 2009.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.