Raplon Side Effects
Generic Name: rapacuronium
Note: This document contains side effect information about rapacuronium. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Raplon.
Applies to rapacuronium: intravenous powder for injection
Cardiovascular effects including hypotension (5.2%), tachycardia (3.2%), and bradycardia (1.5%) have been reported.[Ref]
Respiratory effect including bronchospasm (3.2%) have been reported.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Raplon (rapacuronium)" Organon, West Orange, NJ.
2. Meakin GH, Pronske EH, Lerman J, Orr R, Joffe D, Savaree AM, Lynn AM "Bronchospasm after rapacuronium in infants and children." Anesthesiology 94 (2001): 926-7
3. Naguib M "How serious is the bronchospasm induced by rapacuronium?." Anesthesiology 94 (2001): 924-5
4. Goudsouzian NG "Rapacuronium and bronchospasm." Anesthesiology 94 (2001): 727-8
5. Kron SS "Severe bronchospasm and desaturation in a child associated with rapacuronium." Anesthesiology 94 (2001): 923-4
Some side effects of Raplon may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Raplon (rapacuronium)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.