Protein c Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 19, 2020.
For the Consumer
Applies to protein c: intravenous powder for solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, protein c may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking protein c:
- Fainting or loss of consciousness
- fast or irregular breathing
- skin rash
- swelling of eyes or eyelids
- tightness in chest and/or wheezing
- trouble with breathing
Incidence not known
- Blurred vision
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of protein c may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Increased sweating
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to protein c: intravenous powder for injection
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Hypersensitivity/allergic reaction (itching and rash)[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Restlessness[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Injection site reaction[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Ceprotin (protein C)." Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Deerfield, IL.
More about protein c
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: miscellaneous coagulation modifiers
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.