Pentetate calcium trisodium Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to pentetate calcium trisodium: combination solution
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Chest pain.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to pentetate calcium trisodium: injectable solution
Frequency not reported: Chest pain, depletion of zinc, magnesium, manganese, and metalloproteinases
Frequency not reported: Headache, lightheadedness, metallic taste[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Allergic reaction[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Coughing, wheezing[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Dermatitis[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Injection site reactions[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Pentetate Calcium Trisodium (pentetate calcium trisodium)." Akorn Inc, Buffalo Grove, IL.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about pentetate calcium trisodium
- Diethylene Triamine Penta-Acetic Acid
- Pentetate calcium trisodium Intravenous, Inhalation, oral/nebulization (Advanced Reading)
- Technetium tc 99m pentetate Intravenous (Advanced Reading)
Other brands: AN-DTPA