Nesacaine-MPF Side Effects
Generic Name: chloroprocaine
Note: This document contains side effect information about chloroprocaine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Nesacaine-MPF.
Applies to chloroprocaine: injection solution
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
For all uses of this drug:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Sweating a lot.
- Very nervous and excitable.
- Feeling sleepy.
- Change in speech.
- Numbness or tingling in the mouth.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Change in hearing.
- Ringing in ears.
- Low mood (depression).
- Blurred eyesight.
- Change in balance.
- Fast or slow heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Chest pain or pressure.
- Very bad irritation where the shot was given.
- Change in color of skin to blue-black.
- Not able to control bladder.
- Not able to control bowels.
- Not able to get or keep an erection.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Irritation where the shot is given.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Nesacaine-MPF (chloroprocaine)
- Nesacaine-MPF Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: local injectable anesthetics