Myoview Side Effects
Generic name: tetrofosmin
Note: This document contains side effect information about tetrofosmin. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Myoview.
Applies to tetrofosmin: injection kit
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, tetrofosmin (the active ingredient contained in Myoview) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking tetrofosmin:
- Arm, back, or jaw pain
- chest pain or discomfort
- chest tightness or heaviness
- fast or irregular heartbeat
- trouble breathing
- Blurred vision
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Incidence not known
- difficulty with swallowing
- hives, itching, or skin rash
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of tetrofosmin may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- change in the sense of smell or taste
- feeling of warmth
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 22, 2021.
More about Myoview (tetrofosmin)
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.