Mono-Vacc Test (OT) Side Effects
Generic name: tuberculin purified protein derivative
Note: This document contains side effect information about tuberculin purified protein derivative. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Mono-Vacc Test (OT).
Applies to tuberculin purified protein derivative: intradermal solution
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, tuberculin purified protein derivative (the active ingredient contained in Mono-Vacc Test (OT)) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking tuberculin purified protein derivative:
Incidence not known
- Bleeding at the injection site (occurring up to 3 days after the skin test)
- blistering, crusting, or scabbing at the injection site
- deep, dark purple bruise at the injection site (occurring up to 3 days after the skin test)
- difficult or labored breathing
- fast heartbeat
- hard lump at the injection site
- itching, pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- noisy breathing
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- scar at the injection site
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of tuberculin purified protein derivative may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Pain, discomfort, or itching at the injection site
- redness or rash at the injection site (occurring within 12 hours after skin test)
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 15, 2021.
More about Mono-Vacc Test (OT) (tuberculin purified protein derivative)
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.