Magnesium chloride Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to magnesium chloride: oral tablet delayed release
Other dosage forms:
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Severe diarrhea.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to magnesium chloride: compounding powder, injectable solution, oral tablet extended release
Frequency not reported: Renal failure[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Flushing, sweating[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Hypothermia[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Muscle weakness, muscle paralysis[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Blurred or double vision[Ref]
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
2. "Product Information. Magnesium Chloride, Injectable (magnesium chloride)." Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc, Morgantown, WV.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about magnesium chloride
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: minerals and electrolytes
- FDA Alerts (1)