Hexaminolevulinate Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 10, 2023.
Applies to hexaminolevulinate: urinary bladder powder for solution.
Serious side effects of Hexaminolevulinate
Along with its needed effects, hexaminolevulinate may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking hexaminolevulinate:
- Blood in the urine
- burning sensation while urinating
- difficult or painful urination
- frequent urge to urinate
- lower stomach pain or spasm
Incidence not known
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- difficulty with breathing or swallowing
- fast heartbeat
- hives, itching, skin rash
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- reddening of the skin, especially around the ears
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to hexaminolevulinate: intravesical powder for reconstitution.
Frequency not reported: Hypersensitivity reaction, anaphylactoid shock[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Abnormal urinalysis[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Increased serum bilirubin, hepatic enzyme increased[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Pyrexia, post-procedural pain, post-operative fever[Ref]
More about hexaminolevulinate
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: malignancy photosensitizers
Related treatment guides
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. UK Summary of Product Characteristics.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. Australian Product Information.
3. Product Information. Cysview (hexaminolevulinate). Photocure Inc. 2014.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.