AN-DTPA Side Effects
Generic Name: pentetate calcium trisodium
Note: This document contains side effect information about pentetate calcium trisodium. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name AN-DTPA.
For the Consumer
Applies to pentetate calcium trisodium: kit
Other dosage forms:
Along with its needed effects, pentetate calcium trisodium (the active ingredient contained in AN-DTPA) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking pentetate calcium trisodium:
Incidence Not Known
- Bluish color of fingernails, lips, skin, palms, or nail beds
- blurred vision
- difficulty with swallowing
- dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
- hives, itching, skin rash
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- pounding in the ears
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- throat irritation
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Some side effects of pentetate calcium trisodium may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence Not Known
- Bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, discoloration of the skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, pain, rash, redness, scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection site
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to pentetate calcium trisodium: injectable solution
Frequency not reported: Chest pain, depletion of zinc, magnesium, manganese, and metalloproteinases
Frequency not reported: Headache, lightheadedness, metallic taste[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Allergic reaction[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Nausea, diarrhea[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Coughing, wheezing[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Dermatitis[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Injection site reactions[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Pentetate Calcium Trisodium (pentetate calcium trisodium)." Akorn Inc, Buffalo Grove, IL.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.