Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 17, 2020.
(LAN oh lin)
- Lansinoh Lanolin
Excipient information presented when available (limited, particularly for generics); consult specific product labeling.
HPA Lanolin: (7 g, 40 g)
Lan-O-Soothe: (7 g, 28 g, 56 g)
Brand Names: U.S.
- HPA Lanolin
- Topical Skin Product
Use: Labeled Indications
Skin protectant/conditioner for sore or cracked nipples due to breast-feeding
Topical: Apply to affected area as needed
There are no known significant interactions.
There are no adverse reactions listed in the manufacturer's labeling.
What is this drug used for?
• It is used to relieve sore nipples after giving birth or from breast-feeding.
• It is used to treat skin irritation.
• It is used to treat diaper rash.
• It is used to protect chapped, wind-burned, or sunburned skin.
• It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
• Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Note: This is not a comprehensive list of all side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a limited summary of general information about the medicine's uses from the patient education leaflet and is not intended to be comprehensive. This limited summary does NOT include all information available about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. For a more detailed summary of information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine, please speak with your healthcare provider and review the entire patient education leaflet.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.