Guaifenesin and Codeine Phosphate SF
Medically reviewed on Feb 13, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: CODEINE PHOSPHATE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Physicians Total Care, Inc.
NDC Code: 54868-4768
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Codeine phosphate, USP 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
- calms the cough control center and relieves coughing
Do not use
- in a child under 2 years of age
- if you or your child has a chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breath
- if your child is taking other drugs, unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
When using this product constipation may occur or be aggravated
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take every 4 hours
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
adults and children 12 years and over
take 10 mL (2 tsp)
children 6 years to under 12 years
take 5 mL (1 tsp)
children 2 years to under 6 years
consult a doctor
children under 2 years
do not use
Attention: A special measuring device should be used to give an accurate dose of this product to children under 6 years of age. Giving a higher dose than recommended by a doctor could result in serious side effects for your child.
store at 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F)
You may report serious side effects to: 130 Vintage Drive, Huntsville, AL 35811.
alcohol, caramel, citric acid, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, menthol racemic, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution
Made in the USA
for Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
Huntsville, AL 35811
Rev. 11/09 R6 8081202 1075
Additional barcode labeling applied by:
Physicians Total Care, Inc.
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146
|GUAIFENESIN AND CODEINE PHOSPHATE
guaifenesin and codeine phosphate liquid
|Labeler - Physicians Total Care, Inc. (194123980)|
|Physicians Total Care, Inc.||194123980||relabel|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about codeine/guaifenesin
- Codeine/guaifenesin Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 66 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations