Medically reviewed on December 14, 2017.
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM SALICYLATE 467mg
Labeler: Medtech Products Inc.
NDC Code: 63029-051
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate 580 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (equivalent to
467 mg of magnesium salicylate anhydrous)
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains associated with
- muscular aches
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or
are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms
should not use this product. When using this product, if
changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur,
consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an
early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Magnesium salicylate may cause a
severe allergic reaction which may include hives, facial
swelling, asthma (wheezing), shock.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains a
nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which
may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is
higher if you ■ are age 60 or older ■ have had stomach
ulcers or bleeding problems ■ take a blood thinning
(anticoagulant) or steroid drug ■ take other drugs
containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs
(aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others) ■ have 3 or
more alcoholic drinks every day while using this
product ■ take more or for a longer time than directed.
- if you are allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn, upset stomach or stomach pain
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
- you are on a magnesium-restricted diet
taking a prescription drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours. Drink a full glass of water with each dose.
Adults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 tablets every 6 hours while symptoms persist.
Children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store at room temperature
- protect from moisture
- Magnesium content: 40 mg per tablet
croscarmellose sodium, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silica, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
magnesium salicylate tablet, coated
|Labeler - Medtech Products Inc. (122715688)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.