MacugenTreatment for Macular Degeneration
FDA Announces Advisory Committee Meeting Date for Macugen (pegaptanib sodium injection)
NEW YORK, May 26, 2004 -- Eyetech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: EYET) a biopharmaceutical company that specializes in the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics to treat diseases of the eye, has learned today that the Food and Drug Administration has announced the forthcoming meeting of a public advisory committee of the FDA to discuss the new drug application 21-756, pegaptanib sodium injection (proposed trade name, Macugen) by Eyetech Pharmaceuticals, Inc., indicated for the treatment of exudative (wet) age-related macular degeneration to be held on August 27, 2004 at 8:00 AM EDT at FDA in Rockville, Maryland.
About Eyetech Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Eyetech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that specializes in the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics to treat diseases of the eye. Eyetech's initial focus is on diseases affecting the back of the eye. The company's most advanced product candidate is Macugen (pegaptanib sodium injection), which Eyetech is developing with Pfizer Inc for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the eye and related conditions. Eyetech's lead clinical trials include two phase 2/3 pivotal clinical trials for the use of Macugen in the treatment of the wet form of age-related macular degeneration and a phase 2 clinical trial for the use of Macugen for the treatment of diabetic macular edema.
Posted: May 2004
- Macugen Eyetech / Pfizer Inc - Treatment for Neovascular (Wet) Age-Related Macular Degeneration - December 17, 2004
- FDA Advisory Committee Reviews Clinical Data of Eyetech/Pfizer Priority 1 NDA Submission for Macugen, an Investigational Treatment for Neovascular AMD - August 27, 2004
- Eyetech/Pfizer Announce FDA Acceptance of the New Drug Application for Macugen (pegaptanib sodium injection) - August 18, 2004
- Eyetech/Pfizer File New Drug Application for Macugen (pegaptanib sodium injection), the First Investigational Anti-VEGF Therapy for Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration - June 17, 2004
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.