ZimultiTreatment for Obesity
Rimonabant USA: Update - Mar 26, 2007- Sanofi-aventis Acknowledges FDA Announcement of an Advisory Committee Meeting for rimonabant -
PARIS, March 26, 2007 /PRNewswire/ -- Sanofi-aventis announced today the FDA notice for its first in class CB1 receptor antagonist rimonabant, now scheduled for an Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee Meeting to be held on June 13, 2007.
The Committee will discuss the efficacy and safety of rimonabant in obesity.
Sanofi-aventis is pleased to have the opportunity to present its data on rimonabant and to exchange with experts.
Sanofi-aventis is one of the world leaders in the pharmaceutical industry, ranking number one in Europe. Backed by a world-class R&D organisation, sanofi-aventis is developing leading positions in seven major therapeutic areas: cardiovascular, thrombosis, oncology, metabolic diseases, central nervous system, internal medicine and vaccines. Sanofi-aventis is listed in Paris and in New York .
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts. These statements include financial projections and estimates and their underlying assumptions, statements regarding plans, objectives and expectations with respect to future events, operations, products and services, and statements regarding future performance. Forward-looking statements are generally identified by the words "expect," "anticipates," "believes," "intends," "estimates," "plans" and similar expressions. Although sanofi-aventis' management believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, investors are cautioned that forward-looking information and statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond the control of sanofi-aventis, that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied or projected by, the forward-looking information and statements. These risks and uncertainties include those discussed or identified in the public filings with the SEC and the AMF made by sanofi-aventis, including those listed under "Risk Factors" and "Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward- Looking Statements" in sanofi-aventis' annual report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2005. Other than as required by applicable law, sanofi- aventis does not undertake any obligation to update or revise any forward- looking information or statements.
CONTACT: Julissa Viana sanofi-aventis 908-981-6575
CONTACT: Julissa Viana, sanofi-aventis, +1-908-981-6575
Company News On-Call: http://www.prnewswire.com/comp/232375.html /
Ticker Symbol: (NYSE:SNY)
Terms and conditions of use apply
Copyright © 2007 PR Newswire Association LLC. All rights reserved.
A United Business Media Company
Posted: March 2007
- Sanofi-aventis to Discontinue all Clinical Trials with rimonabant - November 6, 2008
- Rimonabant - Regulatory Update in Europe - November 14, 2007
- Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use Post-authorisation Summary of Positive Opinion for Acomplia/Zimulti - July 19, 2007
- Rimonabant Regulatory Update in the United States - June 29, 2007
- Weight Loss Drug Rimonabant Can Cause Serious Physical and Psychological Harm and Birth Defects, Public Citizen Tells FDA - June 14, 2007
- FDA Advisory Committee Did Not Recommend Approval of Rimonabant (Zimulti) for Use in Obese and Overweight Patients With Associated Risks Factors - June 13, 2007
- Sanofi-aventis Acknowledges FDA Announcement of an Advisory Committee Meeting for rimonabant - March 26, 2007
- Rimonabant USA: Update - Feb 12, 2007 - February 12, 2007
- Rimonabant Update in the United States - December 8, 2006
- Sanofi-aventis Received from the FDA an Approvable Letter for Rimonabant for Weight Management and a Non Approvable Letter for Smoking Cessation - February 17, 2006
- Rimonabant Accepted for Filing By the FDA - June 23, 2005