Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Suboxone
    PoppyQueen is offline Member

67Muscle, when you start the Suboxone, you'll feel so good there won't be a need for an anti-depressant. But you may want to start on one for your wean off the Suboxone, when the time is right for you.

So, there doesn't seem to be anything stopping you. You needn't be afraid, as I was. It was a piece of cake.

PQ
    Last painkiller used: 9/25/05
    Suboxone started 9/26/05

BSGjunkie is offline Member

My Oxy habit was no where near yours when I quit, but I know what you're going through. I too would highly recommend suboxone. I don't recommend it often as the research I've done shows some scary issues that can arrise with long term use - but in a case like yours, it maybe well worth the risk.

I'd suggest reading up more on sub yourself. Read the herion detox forum , there is a lot of good info to be found there. Your doctor can only tell you what he/she has experienced through their patients or what the drug rep has told them. For a lot of doctors, sub is a new territory - not that they can't be trusted, but mearly they still dont know all the facts.

Sub has worked wonders for me. I no longer have any cravings and my mood is always 100% perfect. You wont need anything for depression while you're on sub. The drug really does work wonders - I just caution you of the long term addiction tendencies. Don't make it a life drug, plan to get off of it in a matter of a few months.

Good luck!

Junkie

chrish1 is offline Member

Hi - 30 patient rule for Suboxone due to potential for abuse:
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-06-2015 at 11:56 PM.

67muscle is offline New Member

I am going to start Friday, so I have the weekend to adjust to the Suboxone. God bless all of you guys, your comments and information has been so helpful to me. You may have even saved my life! I mean it...............

quote:Originally posted by PoppyQueen

67Muscle, when you start the Suboxone, you'll feel so good there won't be a need for an anti-depressant. But you may want to start on one for your wean off the Suboxone, when the time is right for you.

So, there doesn't seem to be anything stopping you. You needn't be afraid, as I was. It was a piece of cake.

PQ
    Last painkiller used: 9/25/05
    Suboxone started 9/26/05

67muscle is offline New Member

That is exactly what I plan to do. I don't want to have to depend on anything any longer, I am so tired of popping pills, worrying about running out, conning doctors, lying to everyone, passing out on my wife, and being a total addict. I have never been so ashamed of myself, it's disgusting!

quote:Originally posted by BSGjunkie

My Oxy habit was no where near yours when I quit, but I know what you're going through. I too would highly recommend suboxone. I don't recommend it often as the research I've done shows some scary issues that can arrise with long term use - but in a case like yours, it maybe well worth the risk.

I'd suggest reading up more on sub yourself. Read the herion detox forum , there is a lot of good info to be found there. Your doctor can only tell you what he/she has experienced through their patients or what the drug rep has told them. For a lot of doctors, sub is a new territory - not that they can't be trusted, but mearly they still dont know all the facts.

Sub has worked wonders for me. I no longer have any cravings and my mood is always 100% perfect. You wont need anything for depression while you're on sub. The drug really does work wonders - I just caution you of the long term addiction tendencies. Don't make it a life drug, plan to get off of it in a matter of a few months.

Good luck!

Junkie

Glad to hear it! Keep us updated! When you get placed on Sub, they'll have you go to a few meetings, whether its NA or just a meeting with your doctor, its up to you. I'd suggest visiting her frequently as well. Its really helped me and my doctor has even waved some of the meetings because of my participation in here.

Good luck and God Bless!
    Junkie

anrob11 is offline Junior Member

Hi PoppyQueen

It's Tony bet you thought I disappeared or something like that since you haven't heard from me since Nov. 7 - Ooops[:I][:I] I have had some medical problems having to do with the neurological problems I've referred to in the past. These have made it nearly impossible to answer postings I read them daily - just couldn't respond.

Wow, there has been alot of activity on the Forum - not to mention your back and forth with [u]pill-layer That was totally uncalled for and I too found him irritating</u>. Had I been able I would have stepped in and expressed my feelings [:0][V] I was told something 18 years ago that seems appropriate to share at this time:
    "Religion is Man's Way of Explaining God To Man while
    Spirituality is God's way of explaining God To Man"

Anyone who has followed your postings knows that you are a very spiritual person and, like many members of 12 Step Programs -including myself - I don't consider myself a religious person, but I do consider myself a spiritual person Enough said on that subject. He was totally out of line.

I apologize for the length of this posting, but what the heck, I haven't yet answered any of your questions from Nov. 7. Today is day number 30 on Suboxone and I truly feel great. Still on the same dose - one 8mg-2mg tablet twice daily. Only side effects are the 2 we have already discussed - feeling tired alot and constipation. We have already talked about how we are handling those. Still working for me. As far as the rest of my meds, all status quo except that I did wean myself off Klonopin - no big deal, probably because withdrawal effects were/are being offset by some of the other meds I'm taking for neuropathic pain and depression. [?]

I was so happy to hear about your job taking care of pets. Pets can be great emotional healers. I have 3 cats and I love them dearly. They are excellent emotional barometers for me. On the subject of your level of Suboxone, my opinion is that you are better off on a higher dose than lower. You will need it for the chronic pain that afflicts you. There will always be some pain no matter what we take if we suffer from chronic pain. That's just our reality . By the way, I know that you are taking Cymbalta, as do I, but I can't remember your dose. I take 60mgs. one time per day and it really helps with the pain. Also, my psychiatrist suggested taking it one hour before bedtime. I've had no problems sleeping since. Have you ever considered taking a corticosteroid for your back, neck, and joint pain? Works wonders for me. Some negatives involved - but isn't that true of all prescription meds ? Let me know if you want more info.

Okay, that just about does it except for your wanting to know about my drug of choice. Well, back in the 70's and 80's I was referred to as a Polysubstance Abuser. I was a walking drug store - legal and otherwise. That's a part of my life that ended 18 years ago - 1987. I always thought my drugs of choice were cocaine, marijuana, and pills of all kind, but later in recovery realized that I never did anything without some type of alcohol in my hand. So, I guess you would have to say Alcohol was my drug of choice [}]. I am proud to say that I have 18 years of continuous sobriety. I'm exhausted and this post is a lot longer then it needed to be.[|)]

Later ... Tony [8D] P.s. Hello to mpvt, BSJunkie, chrish1, and newcomers like 67muscle & others I may have skipped.

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll

pill-layer is offline Junior Member

OHHHH NOOOO....anrob was going to express his disapproval of the truth....WOW THATS IS SO UNCOMMON....of course you dont want to hear the truth, because the truth makes us see things in ourselves that we dont want to see.....and as for being annoying, that may be but I am not kidding myself or like most FLAT OUT LYING to myslef either.

And just because a 12 step program claims to be spiritual means ABSOLUTELY nothing to me.....becasue claiming one thing and doing another is NOT TRUTH.....I am sorry if most on here or anywhere doesnt want to hear the truth....SAD REALLY....but I have found that anyone who is serious about getting clean, at least makes an effort to find some truth period......And Yes I work with addicts, thieves,liars ,and
    sex addicts, and just about any other problem in todays society.....and ONE FACT REMAINS....when a person gets serious about help, the only thing that works is TRUTH..NOT EXCUSES....thats what we addicts or/were famous for....at what point does someone , quit lying and trully seek the help they need? When they really want to stop living the way they have been. IF I AM WRONG PLEASE POST EVIDENCE? NOT YOUR OPINIONS EITHER , BUT EVIDENCE

!....and dont start with that its spiritual and not religious.....because we are Either sinners or Christians period......Man cant serve 2 masters , So please dont start with that Garbage .

Like I said Peopl dont want truth , because it shows Just how much of a liar they really are.....and Dont think that just because someon , tries t live a good life , that, that will cut it....IT DONT

HELL- WILL BE FULL OF PEOPLE THAT CALLED THE TRUTH ANNOYING AND THAT IS THE SADDEST THING EVER.....BUT THE FACT REMAINS IT WILL STILL HAPPEN.....but all one can do is present the truth , if someone chooses death over life , it is there own choosing PERIOD.

CALL IT ANNOYING , OR WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE....BUT THE FACT IS IT IS TRUTH , THAT CANT BE DENIED....NO MATTER HOW HARD WE WANT TO TRY AND DENY IT.......THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS REVEAL THE LIARS....EVERYTIME.

IT REALLY IS SAD , TO SEE SO MANY THAT CANT SEE WHAT IS SIMPLE ENUFF FOR A CHILD TO UNDERSTAND....AND WHATS EVEN MORE SAD IS , WHEN A PERSON , TRIES TO OFFER THE TRUTH, TO HELP SAVE SOMEONE SOUL , AND THAY GO INTO A CHILDISH MODE OF NAME CALLING.....REALLY PATHETIC!!!!!!!

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Nice to hear from you again Anrob11,my Dad was 33 years sober in AA but unfortunately my mom died 11 years ago and he started to have a few 3 years after she died.We have had some problems but he's starting to go back to his meetings,so we'll have to wait and see......Dave

[ deleted ]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-06-2015 at 11:56 PM.

pill-layer is offline Junior Member

POPPY , he is a man of his word....I said that in sarcasm that I would just quit potsing, as if yoo had affected me to do so.....but we dont want to get to calling people a liar....esp since you are running different stories on 2 differewnt boards, like The advcice you gave to poster to drink, you sdaid you have a drink or two a week and it didnt hurt you, then you turn right around and LIE and say you hadnt drank in weeks.....IT REALLY IS SAD THAT YOU ARE SO MISERABLE, TO CALL SOMEONE NAMES....BUT I UNDERSTAND , YOU ARE STILL IN THE GRIPS OF YOUR ADDICTION, WITH NO REAL PLAN TO QUIT....SO I GUESS UNTIL YOU QUIT LYING TO YOURSELF, YOU WONT QUIT LYING TO EVERYONE ELS......YES I TOLD YOU I WOULDNT POST TO YOU ANYMORE, BUT WHAT DO I SEE BUT ANOTHER POT SHOT TAKEN AT ME.....SO I THOUGHT I HAD BETTER SET YOU STRIGHT.....IT SEEMS YOU HAVE ALL KIND OF SUPPORTERS , BUT NO ONE TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH......AND TEN YEARS FROM NOW WHEN YOU ARE STILL HERE, DOING THE SAME THING WHERE WILL YOUR SUPPORTERS BE? WELL THE TRUTH WILL STILL BE THE SAME, IT NEVER CHANGES.

SO WHY NOT QUIT LYING TO YOURSELF AND OTHERS....LIKE TELLING THE OTHER BOARD THAT YOU WERE ON 10 MG WHEN A DAY OR TWO BEFORE, YOU SAID YOU WERE ON 12MG BECAUSE YOU COULDNT HANDLE BEING ON 10....OR IN OTHER WORDS , YOU LIKED THE FEELING OF 12 BETTER.....AS LONG AS YOUR STORY IS FULL OF LIES , YOU ARE GOUING TO HAVE A TOUGH TO NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TIME QUITTING....IF THAT IS REALLY WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO?......AND WASNT IT YOU , THAT SAID , " HEY MAYBE THEY ARE MAKING A DRUG NOW TO GET US OFF THE SUBOXONE.....AND THE CIRCLE GO ROUND AND ROUND? I think it was.....you have many times in your posts , shown that you have no real desire to stop this junk......but you are continually seeking support from peopl for your addiction, just to make you feel not so guilty. Well if anyone has the nerve to tell the truth ....they will tell you the same thing, instead of " O you will be Ok ...and its Ok if you relapse a 100 times, at least you are trying....What Garbage....PEOLE NEED TO WAKE UP TO WHATS GOING ON......AND YOU NEED TO QUIT LYING TO YOUR SELF!

THANKS FOR BRINGING ME BACK INTO THIS CONVERSATION.....I SAID I WOULDNT POST TO YOU ANYMORE.....BUT SINCE YOU BROUGHT ME INTO IT, I FELT OBLIGED TO DO SO , SO THANKS , I HAVE WANTED TO TELL YOU THOSE THINGS , SINCE I SAW YOUR MOCKERIES THAT YOU HAD POSTED. BUT HEY I GUESS WE WILL BE ABLE TO FIND YOU HERE OR ON THE OTHER BOARD, WITH THESE SAME LIES AND PETTY NAME CALLING FOR YEARS.....THE ROAD YOU ARE ON IS ONE OF SURE FAILURE, IF YOU DONT GET SERIOUS AND QUIIT LYING!

THANKS AGAIN FOR BRINGING MY NAME IN ( in case you dont recognize this either , this is sarcasm as well, when your mind clears up a little you might be able to see a little more of the little things)

quote:Originally posted by pill-layer

OHHHH NOOOO....anrob was going to express his disapproval of the truth....WOW THATS IS SO UNCOMMON....of course you dont want to hear the truth, because the truth makes us see things in ourselves that we dont want to see.....and as for being annoying, that may be but I am not kidding myself or like most FLAT OUT LYING to myslef either.

And just because a 12 step program claims to be spiritual means ABSOLUTELY nothing to me.....becasue claiming one thing and doing another is NOT TRUTH.....I am sorry if most on here or anywhere doesnt want to hear the truth....SAD REALLY....but I have found that anyone who is serious about getting clean, at least makes an effort to find some truth period......And Yes I work with addicts, thieves,liars ,and
    sex addicts, and just about any other problem in todays society.....and ONE FACT REMAINS....when a person gets serious about help, the only thing that works is TRUTH..NOT EXCUSES....thats what we addicts or/were famous for....at what point does someone , quit lying and trully seek the help they need? When they really want to stop living the way they have been. IF I AM WRONG PLEASE POST EVIDENCE? NOT YOUR OPINIONS EITHER , BUT EVIDENCE

!....and dont start with that its spiritual and not religious.....because we are Either sinners or Christians period......Man cant serve 2 masters , So please dont start with that Garbage .

Like I said Peopl dont want truth , because it shows Just how much of a liar they really are.....and Dont think that just because someon , tries t live a good life , that, that will cut it....IT DONT

HELL- WILL BE FULL OF PEOPLE THAT CALLED THE TRUTH ANNOYING AND THAT IS THE SADDEST THING EVER.....BUT THE FACT REMAINS IT WILL STILL HAPPEN.....but all one can do is present the truth , if someone chooses death over life , it is there own choosing PERIOD.

CALL IT ANNOYING , OR WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE....BUT THE FACT IS IT IS TRUTH , THAT CANT BE DENIED....NO MATTER HOW HARD WE WANT TO TRY AND DENY IT.......THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS REVEAL THE LIARS....EVERYTIME.

IT REALLY IS SAD , TO SEE SO MANY THAT CANT SEE WHAT IS SIMPLE ENUFF FOR A CHILD TO UNDERSTAND....AND WHATS EVEN MORE SAD IS , WHEN A PERSON , TRIES TO OFFER THE TRUTH, TO HELP SAVE SOMEONE SOUL , AND THAY GO INTO A CHILDISH MODE OF NAME CALLING.....REALLY PATHETIC!!!!!!!
    Good Morning pill-layer. Your post was tuly a shock [:0]. I truly don't understand why what you write is so scathing . Your writings wreak of anger & self-hatred. [V]

You appear to justify all of this by a self-imposed morality which you base upon a distorted version of Christianity. Your "Truth" is reminiscent of Medeival times and the Spanish Inquisition. [}] The "Truth" you keep referring to is that only you are qualified to judge the goodness of people and whose souls are dead or alive - WHAT HYBRIS -

Your posting of Nov.8 stated "I WILL TELL YOU WHAT...I WON'T POST ANYMORE HERE AT ALL...AS I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO FEEL ANNOYED OR ATTACKED." It is my sincere hope that you follow through on this. It does us no good to continue these exchanges. Yes, I do find you irritating and totally out of line. [V][xx(] However, as strange as this may sound, you are now and will continue to be in my prayers.

Have A Nice Life ...Tony [8D]

Relax, Pastor Pill. God still loves you. Go play with your snakes. And check your spelling, for God's sake!

Poppy

This is directed at nobody in particular: We have a hard enough time trying to get clean from drugs without hateful comments. I hope this board becomes a springboard for hope instead of what it has become over the last week or 2.

I hope we ALL begin our recovery through the support of our peers on this board and however else we can get help from this horrible affliction.

Good luck to all. Peace.

Chrish

quote:Originally posted by chrish1

This is directed at nobody in particular: We have a hard enough time trying to get clean from drugs without hateful comments. I hope this board becomes a springboard for hope instead of what it has become over the last week or 2.

I hope we ALL begin our recovery through the support of our peers on this board and however else we can get help from this horrible affliction.

Good luck to all. Peace.

Chrish
    Hi chrish I can't thank you enough for your words in this posting. [^]

Enough said Amen and God Bless. Tony [8D]

Thanks Chrish. This person kept coming after me and I didn't know what to do with him other than let him know I couldn't take him seriously. I had stopped reading his tyrades--what else could I do? If he comes on again, I will not respond.

Poppy

jdm93436 is offline New Member

Hello,

Thank you all for all of your info. I am a RN and have been taking up to 20-25 Lortab10's a day, and any thing else I can get my hands on, nursing is one the the easiest professions for addicts to be in. I am really glad all of you are having success with Suboxone, I start Treatment on Mon. I was having a lot of anxiety until I came across this forum. I am too scared to use my ins. coverage to pay for my treatment, so it all comes out of my pocket, does anyone have a cost for the medication? I know my first office visit will be around $300.00, and about $125.00 there after. I will gladly pay 10 times that to get off all of this, I know you all know this is like a second full time job, worrying about if you are going to run out and what will happen if you do.
    Thanks again for all of the great info, and good luck to all of you!
    JDM

Hi JDM, I'm picking up my new prescription today so I will let you know. I had my script for 8mg. pills converted into 2mg. pills because I'm starting to taper. I know my copay is $20; I'll ask the pharmacy how much they are. You should call your pharmacy ahead of time so that they can get them in stock. Most pharms don't stock these yet. Then you can ask the cost.

Very Important: When you get your script make sure the doc. gives you enough for two days in case the pharm. has to order the pills. You hate to be S.O.L. just cuz the phharmacy doesn't have the pills!

Poppy

becky2 is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by 67muscle

I have been contemplating getting on a Suboxone regimen to help me quell my addition to Oxycontin. Believe it or not I take 10-12 80mg. Oxycontin per day and my addiction is way out of control. I have spent a fortune on this drug and feel more and more guilty every day that I am robbing my wife and children to fuel my needless addiction. I wanted to know if it is possible to function somewhat normally when transitioning from Oxycontin to Suboxone. I can not break away from my business for 30 days in order to seek a regular rehab. treatment, and I need to be able to function at at least 75%. I weigh roughly 250lbs. and have already described my intake of Oxycontin so what dosage is usually adequate to help keep me out of severe withdrawl? If anyone is currently taking Suboxone here that is actually functioning normal? Also, does the Suboxone cause any symptoms of depression?
    Hi there 67muscle :O)....i only have a quick minute to write here,but i just wanted to let you know that w/ suboxone you will be able to function 100% normal,even coming from where you are w/ that many oxy's.I was taking a large amount of painkillers and so scsared to start the sub.....boy,was i suprised!it resally is a miracle drug.i would be hasppy to talk if you wanted to give me a buzz,it is really hard for me to type too long w/ a 2 and 6n yr old at my feet :O)!heres my # 253-564-9431. i would love to share my experience w/ you and answer any questions that i can. have been on the sub (well,w/ a few relapses )) for about 8 months now.anyhow,like i said,please feel free to call and i wish everyone the best of luck!!!! oh,by the way, i think you casn pull up a persons posts,you may want to read mine about my experience getting on the suboxone....sorry for my horrible typing,2 kids on me right now,lol!!!!!!rebecca

JDM

I beleive it was just under 7 dollars an 8mg pill when I filled my last Rx. It was just over 200 dollars for 30 8mg pills. I'll see if I can find the reciept to let you know for sure.

Junkie

justin278 is offline New Member

my last script for suboxone 8mg was 179$ for 40 of them. Be sure to call several pharmacies first if your planning on paying cash for these. the cheapest i have seen 8mg is 4.30$ a pill around here and as much as 6.50 a pill. the more you buy at once the cheaper the per pill cost will be.

I just picked up a script of 120 2mg. from Walgreens. They were $395 without insurance, so about $4 each for the 2mg.

I think Walmart and Target have the cheapest pharmacies.

Poppy

Poppy - I'm glad you are using Suboxone as it should be used (as a tapering tool). I think you are heading in the right direction.

For those that are new, Suboxone is still an opiate, but it also contains a opiate blocker, so it can be used to help get addicts opiate-free. It really is a great tool when used the right way.

Good luck!

Chrish

Thanks Crish. Too bad I didn't know in the beginning that there can be severe withdrawal problems with Suboxone. From all I've read you shouldn't be on it for very long, perhaps a month. So one way or another I'm gonna have to withdraw from a drug--I thought I would get off easy. Not so.

Since I've been on for two month I have to do a slow taper so I'm dropping 2mg. every two weeks now. In the end I will nibble on the Sub. if I have to. It has such a long half life, that withdrawals really don't start happening for 36 hours. So here begins my ride back down. And to get off I may need Immodium, Clonodine, an anti-anxiety med. and something to sleep. Just like withdrawing from any other narcotic because Suboxone is a narcotic.

Well, it did the job it was intended to do, no doubt about that. For all those who are planning on maintenance it's fine if you stay on it for years (rest of your life?). And maybe that might be the only way to stay clean for some folk. But from what I read, the longer you stay on it the harder it is to leave--just like anything else.

I respectfully retract any advice I may have given that someone may not be taking enough Suboxone. The high dose should only be taken for a few days to get you over the hump and then drop to 8mg. I apologize for speaking of things I really didn't know about.

I'll keep posting my downward progression. I am now taking 6mg. daily.

Poppy

laup is offline New Member

I've been detoxing on suboxone for almost two months now. Due to my habit I've taken some Norco from time to time while on the Suboxone. Does anyone know if this will have any affect once I stop the Suboxone. I'm down to a half tablet of Suboxone I hope to be off it soon but wonder what will happen when I stop since I've take Norco from time to time. Any help would be appreciated.

Laup,

It doesn't have any effect on your detox as long as you don't use it enough to become addicted to that as well. If you had a few moments of weakness, you should be ok. Do yourself a favor and flush the rest of your stash so you don't find your self wanting to quit again a few years down the road. use the oppurtunity you've been given with suboxone to your advantage.

Junkie

laup is offline New Member

Thanks, Junkie

I was under the impression as long as you were on the Suboxone the Naltroxone? would prevent the Norco Opiate from working. I was thinking of asking the doc for some Naltroxone so even if I did get weak it wouldn't do anything but your saying you could become addicted to both. Thanks for the advice and feedback.

flyinchinky is offline New Member

hello people,this is my 1st post here ive read page 1/2 and 6 only, sorry if i miss anything,this is a cool place for people like us2chat bout are problems and help each other.ok i just want 2 talk bout my experience with suboxone,im an englishman and we call it subutex i bloody hope its the same thing!think it is!here in u.k we have the N.H.S (national health service)so basicly we dont pay for medication thank god cos the price you guys in u.s pay is madness!ive been on subys 18/20 months now, been down to 0.8mg relapsed and now im on 8mg(daily)im a ex herion addict but i do dabble now and then(1/2 times a month)i always feel pissed off and guilty the next day for it!i need to sort it out, stop mixing with the worng people and stop being a idoit! i think this site coould be helpful.we have drug and alcahol clinics here and keyworkers who help you battle your addiction i think we are lucky to have such services free of charge,they work like this you are 1st assesed then you get a weekly script in my case i could of had methadone or subutex i chose subutex,im also on 12mg diazepam for depression and anxiety,i was sceptical when i tryed subys at 1st, some people say they dont work and take methadone insted which is (i think) a lie they just take meth so they can use on top and if they cant score any gear the meth sorts them out,if they were on subys instead you need double the amount of herion to get the same effect,and have to wait 24hours after using gear before u can take subys because it will make you withdraw.
    for me subutex has been a miricale drug i dont crave for herion i didnt have any withdrawal simptoms,i dont think about herion,the best thing is not getting up every day needing a fix i feel completely normal and can get on with ny life without having to take smack,compered to herion the w/simtoms are nothing at all!and ofcourse you can cut down slowly and at the end you will have had no w/sims atall,you just need to be focused and not put yourself in situations were you could be around the wrong people and end up relapsing.
    anrob11 hi mate,**** your on alot of meds brov i think they will kill ya hope your ok,to answer your question some of the stuff ive said should help you but i dont think it works as a pain killer?it may do? when people who dont use opiates take subys they are pretty cained(done in) i gave a freind some and they were proper mashed off just 1/2mg,subutex or suboxone will be the best thing for you for coming off morphine id say but im no doc,but from my knowledge you wont withdraw from the morphine,also i dont think its an opiate its a opiate substitute and it parcely blocks the opiate receptors in the brain so if u use opiates on top it wont work as much and youll need more to get the same affect,the idea of subutex/suboxone is to stop taking opiates for 24hours then take subutex (maxium 32mg) and staybolise get comfortable on subutex then slowly reduce, if done correct you shouldnt sufer any withdrawls.if you stop taking subys strait away then you will withdraw but its not as bad as coming off herion,the problem will proberly be you will take opiates to feel better and get addicted agaian!
    naltrexone completely blocks opiate receptors so herion,morphine any opiate wont work but then ofcourse all you do is dont take the naltrexone and opiates will work,
    in england you can get a naltrexone implant so its always there you cant forget to take it and no opiates will work,you can have this or the pill when you finish the subys,this doesnt stop withdrawls but you shouldnt be having any anyway bynow
    hope this helps people and thanks for helping me
    if any one has any questions just ask
    cheers tommo

Hi Flynchinky, welcome! We welcome all experiences with Suboxone/Subutex. Over in Europe, the whole prescription drug thing as well as medicine in general is affordable to all. Here in the U.S. one must pay lots of $ for insurance, and you still must pay a doctor and for your pills. It's a terrible system If you are poor, good healthcare is not at your disposal. But generic pain pills are relatively cheap, but the drugs to help get off are expensive, naturally.

I like the idea of Naltroxone implants! This way, if someone wants to cheat, they can't!

I'd advise anyone here on Suboxone to go over to that site and read of people's experiences trying to wean off of Suboxone. I'm trying to weed through the posts looking for a positive experience. The longer you are on, the harder it will be to come off. But it is truly a great drug to get yourself off of >>>>>> and other strong opiates. I think because it is so new here in the U.S. (2 years) doctors don't have a lot of experience to base their dosing decisions upon.

I've been on for two months and am tapering now. If all goes well I should be off by mid-January.

Have a good night, all!

Poppy
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-06-2015 at 11:57 PM.

quote:Originally posted by laup

Thanks, Junkie

I was under the impression as long as you were on the Suboxone the Naltroxone? would prevent the Norco Opiate from working. I was thinking of asking the doc for some Naltroxone so even if I did get weak it wouldn't do anything but your saying you could become addicted to both. Thanks for the advice and feedback.
    Laup,

Yes, thats my understanding. The Naltroxone found in in suboxone isn't a full dose. Its just enough to stop the user from abusing it through IV.

If you're having moments of weakness, talk to your doctor. He'll help. They may bump up your sub dosage, as most don't have cravings at the proper dosage. He may just give you another RX for naltroxone that you can take on the side - unless there is some effect that larger doses of naltroxone has on Sub that I'm un aware of.

Either way, talk to your doctor so you can take full advantage of the oppurtunity.

Junkie

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast