Drug interactions between Oysco 500 and Oysco D
|Oysco 500 (calcium carbonate)|
|Oysco D (calcium/vitamin d)|
Interactions between your drugs
A total of 366 drugs (2324 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Oysco 500.
- Oysco 500 is in the following drug classes: antacids, minerals and electrolytes.
- Oysco 500 is used to treat the following conditions:
A total of 435 drugs (2653 brand and generic names) are known to interact with Oysco D.
- Oysco D is a member of the drug class vitamin and mineral combinations.
- Oysco D is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
No results found in our database - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'calcium' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'calcium' category:
- calcium carbonate (active ingredient in Oysco 500 (calcium carbonate))
- calcium carbonate (active ingredient in Oysco D (calcium/vitamin d))
Note: The benefits of taking this combination of medicines may outweigh any risks associated with therapeutic duplication. This information does not take the place of talking to your doctor. Always check with your healthcare provider to determine if any adjustments to your medications are needed.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.