Drug interactions between itraconazole and Zyrtec
Interactions between your drugs
- Itraconazole is in the drug class azole antifungals.
- Itraconazole is used to treat the following conditions:
- Aspergillosis, Aspergilloma
- Aspergillosis, Invasive
- Candida Urinary Tract Infection
- Cryptococcal Meningitis, Immunosuppressed Host
- Esophageal Candidiasis
- Febrile Neutropenia
- Fungal Infection Prophylaxis
- Onychomycosis, Fingernail
- Onychomycosis, Toenail
- Oral Thrush
- Systemic Fungal Infection
- Tinea Capitis
- Tinea Versicolor
- Vaginal Yeast Infection
- Zyrtec is a member of the drug class antihistamines.
- Zyrtec is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Zyrtec (cetirizine)
Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of cetirizine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with cetirizine. Do not use more than the recommended dose of cetirizine, and avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medication affects you. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Applies to: itraconazole
Food increases the absorption of itraconazole capsules but decreases the absorption of itraconazole oral solution. Capsules should be taken immediately after a full meal and the solution be taken on an empty stomach to ensure best results.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.