Drug interactions between Humulin R and Novolog
|Humulin R (insulin regular)|
|Novolog (insulin aspart)|
Interactions between your drugs
- Humulin R is in the drug class insulin.
- Humulin R is used to treat the following conditions:
- Novolog is a member of the drug class insulin.
- Novolog is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
No results found in our database - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
Therapeutic duplication is the use of more than one medicine from the same drug category or therapeutic class to treat the same condition. This can be intentional in cases where drugs with similar actions are used together for demonstrated therapeutic benefit. It can also be unintentional in cases where a patient has been treated by more than one doctor, or had prescriptions filled at more than one pharmacy, and can have potentially adverse consequences.
The recommended maximum number of medicines in the 'rapid-acting insulins' category to be taken concurrently is usually one. Your list includes two medicines belonging to the 'rapid-acting insulins' category:
- insulin regular (active ingredient in Humulin R (insulin regular))
- insulin aspart (active ingredient in Novolog (insulin aspart))
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.