Drug interactions between Eliquis and Levaquin
Interactions between your drugs
- Eliquis is in the drug class factor Xa inhibitors.
- Eliquis is used to treat the following conditions:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Hip Replacement Surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Knee Replacement Surgery
- Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis
- Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis
- Venous Thromboembolism
- Levaquin is a member of the drug class quinolones.
- Levaquin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Anthrax Prophylaxis
- Bacterial Infection
- Bladder Infection
- Chlamydia Infection
- Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted
- Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated
- Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated
- Kidney Infections
- Nongonococcal Urethritis
- Nosocomial Pneumonia
- Otitis Media
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Plague Prophylaxis
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- Streptococcal Infection
- Tuberculosis, Active
- Urinary Tract Infection
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Levaquin (levofloxacin)
When levoFLOXacin as the oral solution is given with enteral (tube) feedings, levoFLOXacin may not work as well. You could interrupt the feeding for 1 hour before and 2 hours after the levoFLOXacin dose. However, this still may not entirely avoid the interaction and may not always be feasible. LevoFLOXacin oral tablets may be taken without regard to food. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.