Benadryl allergy cold tablets
(in each caplet): Purposes:
500 mg............................................Pain reliever/fever reducer
30 mg..............................................Nasal decongestant
- temporarily relieves these symptoms of hay fever and the common cold:
- runny nose
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- temporarily relieves these additional symptoms of hay fever:
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- temporarily reduces fever
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.
Do not use:
- with another product containing any of these active ingredients
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product:
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- new symptoms occur
- pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- sore throat is severe
- redness or swelling is present
- sore throat lasts for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea, or vomiting
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning )
- take every 6 hours while symptoms persist
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 caplets
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- store at 59° to 77°F in a dry place
Inactive Ingredients: candelilla wax, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, and zinc stearate
Call 1-800-524-2624 (English/Spanish), weekdays, 9 AM - 5 PM EST
Available in boxes of 24 tablets
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.