Varibar Honey Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 9, 2020.
Generic name: Barium Sulfate 400mg in 1mL
Dosage form: suspension
2.1 Recommended Dosing
- The recommended dose of VARIBAR HONEY administered orally by syringe, spoon, or cup is:
- Adults: 5 mL
- Pediatric patients 6 months of age and older: 1 to 3 mL
- During a single modified barium swallow examination, multiple doses of VARIBAR HONEY may be administered, to assess the patient during multiple swallows and different radiographic views.
- The maximum cumulative dose is 30 mL.
- Once opened, write the discard after date on the immediate container label. Discard any unused product after 21 days.
More about Varibar Honey (barium sulfate)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: non-iodinated contrast media
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.