User Reviews for Readi-Cat

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Readi-Cat.

Computed Tomography

Summary of Readi-Cat reviews 8.0 3 reviews

Reviews for Readi-Cat

For Computed Tomography "I had the banana flavor and it was a BIG improvement from the old days of just drinking chalk! However, it was thick and at times unpleasant. I had to gag down 2 large servings, plus they administered an iodine IV during the CT scan. About 45 minutes after the procedure, it all hit and I was in the bathroom for the next several hours. Not sure if it was the barium or iodine, but this was one of the common side effects and worth it to find out what's going on inside me or for prevention!"

AAVA January 13, 2018

For Computed Tomography "Orange flavor wasn't bad but a little orange food coloring might have made the illusion a bit more convincing. Medium thick but went down without much problem. Technician assured me it was light years better than the chalky mix they used to use. Then got an injection of an unnamed diuretic and urination every 5 minutes began. Not sure if it was completely the diuretic or the barium was a contributor but it continued right up to PET time. I warned them so they procured a plastic urinal and wrapped an diaper around me on the table. Neither got used during the 15 minute scan but it took a lot of clenched sphincter action to prevent a mess. Ten seconds off the table the urinal got used."

Billella (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

For Computed Tomography "I drank Readi-Cat (barium sulfate) for an abdominal CT scan. I gave it a nine only because of the taste. It was thick, and had the consistency of vegetable oil with a citrus flavor. I experienced some very mild heartburn and nausea while drinking it, but that went away very quickly. The following morning, I had one bout of diarrhea, which was listed as a side effect. Other than that, I didn't experience any of the listed possible side effects. Overall a much better experience than I was anticipating!"

Anonymous July 7, 2012