Generic name: ABACAVIR SULFATE 300mg, LAMIVUDINE 150mg, ZIDOVUDINE 300mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Screening for HLA-B*5701 Allele prior to Starting TRIZIVIR
Screen for the HLA-B*5701 allele prior to initiating therapy with TRIZIVIR [see Boxed Warning, Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
Recommended Dosage for Adults and Pediatric Patients Weighing at Least 40 kg
The recommended dosage of TRIZIVIR is one tablet taken orally twice daily with or without food.
Not Recommended Due to Lack of Dosage Adjustment
Because TRIZIVIR is a fixed-dose tablet and cannot be dose adjusted, TRIZIVIR is not recommended for:
- pediatric patients who weigh less than 40 kg [see Use in Specific Populations (8.4)].
- patients with creatinine clearance less than 50 mL per minute [see Use in Specific Populations (8.6)].
- patients with mild hepatic impairment. TRIZIVIR is contraindicated in patients with moderate or severe hepatic impairment [see Contraindications (4), Use in Specific Populations (8.7)].
More about Trizivir (abacavir / lamivudine / zidovudine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: antiviral combinations