Tagitol V Suspension Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 26, 2022.
- The recommended oral dose of TAGITOL V is one 20 mL bottle (8 g barium sulfate) with each meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) the day before the colonography examination. Total dose = 3 bottles (24 g barium sulfate).
Important Administration Instructions
- TAGITOL V is typically provided to the patient for self-administration. Advise patients to carefully read and follow the Patient Instructions for Use to be provided to the patient.
- Shake bottle for 15 seconds prior to administration.
- For oral use only.
- Encourage patients to hydrate following the barium sulfate procedure.
- Discard any unused suspension.
More about Tagitol V (barium sulfate)
- Pricing & coupons
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: non-iodinated contrast media
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.