Generic name: IDARUCIZUMAB 50mg in 1mL
Dosage form: injection
Medically reviewed on April 3, 2018.
There is limited data to support administration of an additional 5 g of PRAXBIND [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)].
- Ensure aseptic handling when preparing the infusion.
- Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.
- Once solution has been removed from the vial, administration should begin promptly. The solution in vials may be stored at room temperature, 25°C (77°F), but must be used within 6 hours [see How Supplied/Storage and Handling (16.2)].
- Do not mix with other medicinal products. Use aseptic technique when administering PRAXBIND.
- Intravenously administer the dose of 5 g (2 vials, each contains 2.5 g) as
- Two consecutive infusions (see Figure 2) or
- Bolus injection by injecting both vials consecutively one after another via syringe (see Figure 3).
- A pre-existing intravenous line may be used for administration of PRAXBIND. The line must be flushed with sterile 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP solution prior to infusion. No other infusion should be administered in parallel via the same intravenous access.
- PRAXBIND treatment can be used in conjunction with standard supportive measures, which should be considered as medically appropriate [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.2)].
Restarting Antithrombotic Therapy
Patients being treated with dabigatran therapy have underlying disease states that predispose them to thromboembolic events. Reversing dabigatran therapy exposes patients to the thrombotic risk of their underlying disease. To reduce this risk, resumption of anticoagulant therapy should be considered as soon as medically appropriate.
Pradaxa treatment can be initiated 24 hours after administration of PRAXBIND [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.2)].
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Praxbind (idarucizumab)
- Praxbind Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: anticoagulant reversal agents