Generic name: lidocaine 70mg in 1g, tetracaine 70mg in 1g
Dosage form: cream
Medically reviewed on November 29, 2017.
Important Dosage and Administration Instructions
- For use in adults only.
- PLIAGLIS should only be applied to intact skin.
- Remove PLIAGLIS if skin irritation or a burning sensation occurs during application.
- In order to minimize the risk of systemic toxicity, do not exceed the recommended amount of drug to apply or the duration of the application [see Overdosage (10)].
- Avoid eye contact with PLIAGLIS.
- Wash hands after handling PLIAGLIS.
- Upon removal from the treatment site, discard the used PLIAGLIS in a location that is out of the reach of children and pets. Access to PLIAGLIS by children or pets should be prevented during usage and storage of the product [see WARNINGS and PRECAUTIONS (5.2)].
Recommended Dosing Duration
- For superficial dermatological procedures, such as dermal filler injection, non-ablative laser facial resurfacing, or pulsed-dye laser therapy, apply PLIAGLIS to intact skin for 20 to 30 minutes prior to the procedure. See Table 1 for instructions on the amount to apply.
- For superficial dermatological procedures, such as laser-assisted tattoo removal, apply PLIAGLIS to intact skin for 60 minutes prior to the procedure. See Table 1 for instructions on the amount to apply.
The dose of PLIAGLIS that provides effective local dermal analgesia depends on the duration of the application. Although not specifically studied, a shorter duration of application may result in a less complete dermal analgesia or a shorter duration of adequate dermal analgesia.
Determine the amount of drug to apply
The amount (length) of PLIAGLIS that should be dispensed is determined by the size of the area to be treated (see Table 1).
- Using the ruler supplied on the carton, squeeze out and measure the amount of PLIAGLIS that approximates the amount required to achieve proper coverage.
- Spread PLIAGLIS evenly and thinly (approximately 1 mm or the thickness of a dime) across the treatment area using a flat-surfaced tool such as a metal spatula or tongue depressor.
- After waiting the required application time, remove the PLIAGLIS by grasping a free-edge with your fingers and pulling it away from the skin.
|Surface Area of Treatment Site (inch2)||Length of PLIAGLIS for 1 mm Thickness (inch)||Weight of PLIAGLIS Dispensed (g)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Pliaglis (lidocaine / tetracaine topical)
- Pliaglis Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: topical anesthetics