Generic name: LIDOCAINE 70mg in 1g, TETRACAINE 70mg in 1g
Dosage form: cream
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
General Dosing Information
PLIAGLIS Cream should only be applied to intact skin.
For use in adults only.
• For superficial dermatological procedures such as dermal filler injection, non-ablative laser facial resurfacing, or pulsed-dye laser therapy, apply PLIAGLIS Cream to intact skin for 20-30 minutes prior to the procedure. See Table 1 for instructions on the amount to apply.
• For superficial dermatological procedures such as laser-assisted tattoo removal, apply PLIAGLIS Cream to intact skin for 60 minutes prior to the procedure. See Table 1 for instructions on the amount to apply.
The dose of PLIAGLIS Cream that provides effective local dermal analgesia depends on the duration of the application. Although not specifically studied, a shorter duration of application may result in a less complete dermal analgesia or a shorter duration of adequate dermal analgesia.
Determine the amount of drug to apply.
The amount (length) of PLIAGLIS Cream that should be dispensed is determined by the size of the area to be treated (see Table 1).
(a) Using the ruler supplied on the carton, squeeze out and measure the amount of PLIAGLIS Cream that approximates the amount required to achieve proper coverage.
(b) Spread PLIAGLIS Cream evenly and thinly (approximately 1 mm or the thickness of a dime) across the treatment area using a flat-surfaced tool such as a metal spatula or tongue depressor.
(c) After waiting the required application time, remove the PLIAGLIS Cream by grasping a free-edge with your fingers and pulling it away from the skin.
Table 1. Amount of PLIAGLIS Cream According to Treatment Site Surface Area
Important Dosage and Administration Instructions
Important Dosage and Administration instructions include:
- Remove PLIAGLIS Cream if skin irritation or a burning sensation occurs during application.
- In order to minimize the risk of systemic toxicity, do not exceed the recommended amount of drug to apply or the duration of the application [see Overdosage (10)].
- Avoid eye contact with PLIAGLIS Cream.
- Wash hands after handling PLIAGLIS Cream.
- Upon removal from the treatment site, discard the used PLIAGLIS Cream in a location that is out of the reach of children and pets. Access to PLIAGLIS Cream by children or pets should be prevented during usage and storage of the product [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)].
More about Pliaglis (lidocaine / tetracaine topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical anesthetics