Generic name: hexachlorophene 30mg in 1mL
Dosage form: emulsion
Medically reviewed on November 21, 2017.
Surgical Hand Scrub
- Wet hands and forearms with water. Apply approximately 5 mL of pHisoHex over the hands and rub into a copious lather by adding small amounts of water. Spread suds over hands and forearms and scrub well with a wet brush for 3 minutes. Pay particular attention to the nails and inter-digital spaces. A separate nail cleaner may be used. Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Apply 5 mL of pHisoHex to hands again and scrub as above for another 3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with running water and dry.
- For repeat surgical scrubs during the day, scrub thoroughly with the same amount of pHisoHex for 3 minutes only. Rinse thoroughly with water and dry.
Wet hands with water. Dispense approximately 5 mL of pHisoHex into the palm, work up a lather with water and apply to area to be cleansed.
Rinse thoroughly after each washing.
pHisoHex must not be used for bathing infants (see WARNINGS). Infants may absorb the active compound in pHisoHex more readily than older children and adults. Such absorption has been associated with central nervous system effects such as convulsions.
Use of baby skin products containing alcohol may decrease the antibacterial action of pHisoHex.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about pHisoHex (hexachlorophene topical)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides