Liquid E-Z Paque Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 29, 2022.
- Adults: 150 to 750 mL (87 g to 435 g of barium sulfate, respectively). Volumes closer to 150 mL are recommended for examination of the esophagus and stomach and volumes up to 750 mL are recommended for examination of the small bowel
- Pediatric Patients: Adjust dose based on GI volume
- For examinations of the upper GI tract, administer a volume sufficient to fully distend the esophagus or stomach.
- For small bowel examinations:
- Age birth to less than 2 years: 30 mL to 75 mL
- Age 2 years to less than 17 years: 75 mL to 480 mL
- For oral use only
- Shake bottle vigorously for 30 seconds prior to oral administration to fully suspend product
- Administer undiluted
- Ensure patients have nothing by mouth for the following time period prior to the examination:
- Neonates and Infants < 3 months 2 hours
- Infants 3-12 months 3 hours
- > 12 months of age 4 hours
- Discard any unused suspension
- Encourage patients to maintain hydration following the barium sulfate procedure
More about Liquid E-Z Paque (barium sulfate)
- Pricing & coupons
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: non-iodinated contrast media
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.