Flor-Opal Gel Dosage
Generic name: Sodium Fluoride 5mg in 1mL
Dosage form: sustained released gel
Medically reviewed on February 26, 2018.
- Pour and trim cast as you would for a standard bleaching tray. Apply 0.5-1.0mm of Ultradent® LC Block-Out Resin to a clean, dry cast.
- Cure LC Block-Out for ~2 minutes in a light curing unit. A hand-held intraoral light (VALO® or another high quality curing light (output > 600mw/cm2)) can be used. Light cure 20 seconds using a scanning motion over the arch. Carefully check resin cure by tapping the surface of the resin with an instrument. Wipe off oxygen inhibition layer.
- With vacuum former (Ultra-Form® or EconoForm™), heat a Sof-Tray® sheet until it sags ~1 inch. Activate vacuum and adapt softened plastic over mold. Cool and remove model.
- Cut excess bulk of material away with Ultra-Trim™ scalloping scissors.
- Trim excess tray material. Contour the tray margin to avoid frenum attachments, tori, and similar anatomical structures.
- Return tray to model; check tray extensions. Gently flame polish edges one quadrant at a time (Blazer® Micro Torch).
- While still warm, hold periphery of each segment firmly against model for 3 seconds with water-moistened finger. If an area is short of the desired length, gently heat and push the tray material to the desired location. If this material thins too much, a new tray should be fabricated.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Flor-Opal Gel (fluoride topical)
- Flor-Opal Gel Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: mouth and throat products