Crotan Lotion Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 14, 2021.
Generic name: CROTAMITON 100mg in 1g
Dosage form: lotion
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE.
In Scabies: Thoroughly massage into the skin of the whole body, from the chin down, paying particular attention to all folds and creases. A second application is advisable 24 hours later. Clothing and bed linen should be changed the next morning. A cleansing bath should be taken 48 hours after the last application.
In Pruritis: Massage gently into affected areas until medication is completely absorbed. Repeat as needed.
DIRECTIONS FOR PATIENTS WITH SCABIES:
1. Take a routine bath or shower. Thoroughly massage CROTAN ™ lotion into the skin from the chin to the toes including folds and creases.
2. Put CROTAN lotion under fingernails after trimming the fingernails short, because scabies are likely to remain there. A toothbrush can be used to apply the CROTAN lotion under the fingernails. Immediately after use, the toothbrush should be wrapped in paper and thrown away. Use of the brush in the mouth could lead to lead poisoning.
3. A second application is advisable 24 hours leater.
4. Clothing and bed linen should be changed the next day. Contaminated clothing and bed linen may be dry-cleaned or washed in the hot cycle of the washing machine.
5. A cleansing bath should be taken 48 hours after the last application.
More about Crotan (crotamiton topical)
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.