Afluria Quadrivalent Dosage
Generic name: INFLUENZA A VIRUS A/VICTORIA/2454/2019 IVR-207 (H1N1) ANTIGEN (PROPIOLACTONE INACTIVATED) 7.5ug in 0.25mL, INFLUENZA A VIRUS A/HONG KONG/2671/2019 IVR-208 (H3N2) ANTIGEN (PROPIOLACTONE INACTIVATED) 7.5ug in 0.25mL, INFLUENZA B VIRUS B/VICTORIA/705/2018 BVR-11 ANTIGEN (PROPIOLACTONE INACTIVATED) 7.5ug in 0.25mL, INFLUENZA B VIRUS B/PHUKET/3073/2013 BVR-1B ANTIGEN (PROPIOLACTONE INACTIVATED) 7.5ug in 0.25mL
Dosage form: suspension for intramuscular injection
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 27, 2020.
For intramuscular (IM) use only.
- By needle and syringe (6 months of age and older)
- By PharmaJet® Stratis® Needle-Free Injection System (18 through 64 years of age)
The dose and schedule for AFLURIA QUADRIVALENT are presented in Table 1.
a1 or 2 doses depends on vaccination history as per Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices annual recommendations on prevention and control of influenza with vaccines.
|6 months through 35 months||One or two dosesa, 0.25 mL each||If 2 doses, administer at least 1 month apart|
|36 months through 8 years||One or two dosesa, 0.5 mL each||If 2 doses, administer at least 1 month apart|
|9 years and older||One dose, 0.5mL||Not Applicable|
Immediately before use, shake thoroughly and inspect visually. Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever suspension and container permit. If either of these conditions exists, the vaccine should not be administered.
When using the single-dose pre-filled syringe, shake the syringe thoroughly and administer the dose immediately.
When using the multi-dose vial, shake the vial thoroughly before withdrawing each dose, and administer the dose immediately. The number of needle punctures should not exceed 20 per multi-dose vial.
- Needle and Syringe: Draw up the exact dose using a separate sterile needle and syringe for each individual patient. It is recommended that small syringes (0.5 mL or 1 mL) be used to minimize any product loss.
- PharmaJet Stratis Needle-Free Injection System: For instructions on withdrawal of a 0.5 mL dose and use of the PharmaJet Stratis Needle-Free Injection System, refer to the Instructions For Use for the PharmaJet Stratis Needle-Free Injection System.
The preferred sites for intramuscular injection are the anterolateral aspect of the thigh in infants 6 months through 11 months of age, the anterolateral aspect of the thigh (or the deltoid muscle of the upper arm if muscle mass is adequate) in persons 12 months through 35 months of age, or the deltoid muscle of the upper arm in persons ≥ 36 months of age.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Afluria Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: viral vaccines
- FDA Alerts (1)