Rabies immune globulin, human Disease Interactions
There are 2 disease interactions with rabies immune globulin, human:
Rabies (Includes rabies immune globulin, human) ↔ antibody response
Severe Potential Hazard, High plausibility. Applies to: Immunodeficiency
Patients with primary or acquired deficient/impaired immune response (immunosuppressive therapy, genetic, splenic dysfunction, immunodeficiency disorders) may have reduced antibody response to immunizations. Deferral of immunosuppressive therapy may be considered pending completion of post-exposure therapy unless essential for treatment of other conditions.
- "Product Information. Bayrab (rabies immune globulin, human)." Bayer, West Haven, CT.
Vaccines (Includes rabies immune globulin, human) ↔ IM injection
Severe Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applies to: Thrombocytopenia, Thrombocytopathy, Coagulation Defect
In patients with thrombocytopenia or coagulation disorders, intramuscular injections may produce bleeding and hematomas. Patients with a platelet count less than 50,000/mm3 are at an increased risk. Caution is advised if the vaccine (e.g., plague vaccine, hepatitis A and B vaccines, and aluminum-adsorbed DTaP, DTP, DT, or Td) must be administered intramuscularly. The risk of bleeding may be minimized by vaccination immediately after the administration of replacement factor, use of a 23-gauge (or smaller) needle, and immediate application of direct pressure to the vaccination site for at least 2 minutes.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Infectious Diseases; Peter G, ed. "Red BooK: Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases. 24th" Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics (1997):
- "Product Information. Engerix-B (hepatitis B vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Havrix (hepatitis A vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Plague Vaccine (plague vaccine)." Greer Laboratories Inc, Lenoir, NC.
- "Product Information. Cholera vaccine (cholera vaccine)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
Rabies immune globulin, human drug interactions
There are 23 drug interactions with rabies immune globulin, human
More about rabies immune globulin, human
- Rabies immune globulin, human Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: immune globulins
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.