User Reviews for Tesamorelin to treat Lipodystrophy

Also known as: Egrifta

Tesamorelin has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Lipodystrophy. 36% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Tesamorelin Rating Summary

5.9/10 average rating

Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Lipodystrophy.

Reviews for Tesamorelin

Anonymous June 11, 2011

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “The therapeutic effect is not as immediate or apparent as Serostim (which I took for weight loss due to AIDS-related wasting). However, its effect, although more subtle, is nevertheless quite extraordinary! The fat is slowly subsiding, even in the back around the waistline (which is SUPER DIFFICULT to get rid of!). The most obvious effect, although secondary to the therapeutic aim of reducing abdominal fatty tissue, is the absolutely fabulous change in my skin texture, color, and overall health. My skin heals at 500% its normal speed. Even fine line wrinkles are lessening in the cheeks and eyes.”

Ed Blessing August 15, 2020

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “Just started egrifta 2mg today even though it was prescribed a month ago. Did not know it was a specialty drug, and the preapproval took 2 weeks. Medicare/Medicaid paid for it though. I'm an older guy (63) who has had HIV for 25 years and did not have the noticeable belly fat until recently. After reading it causes 25% enlargement of the prostate and the possible growth of pre-cancerous colon polyps which I've had I don't know if I will continue unless it proves to be remarkable which I doubt after reading these few reviews. 31% belly fat loss would be nice, but as I've said I exercise a lot and try most of the time to eat right and have had luck in the past 20 years or so. Also, a bit of a hassle to get mailed from Humana specialty pharmacy without an interruption. May just use it every other day as the 2mg egrifta has been done away with and my doctor orignally just wanted 1 mg instead of the two in agrifta single vial. So this string has been updated for 2020.”

Worried · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 4, 2019

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “I began the Efrifta Injection at 2 ml per day. I began feeling the fat soften with in the first week. I began the medication weighing 226.2lb and in less than 6 month I was weighted at 198.2lbs. Then my GH1 level shot up and within 2 week ever bit of the weight I had lost all returned plus. By the way once you begin taking this cover up drug your on it the rest of your life or the fat returns.”

Iwantasixpack August 8, 2012

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “So far so good been on medication for 15 days have not seen a change test but I'm also working out and eating better to help my outcome. Along with taking fiber and protein daily. Only down side I had this far is very minor soreness to the injection area. Oh and follow the direction to stay below the belly button line because anything above will leave a large bruise on the skin.”

Anthony · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2018

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “I began the injection of 2 mgs daily and after week one I noticed that my stomach was beginning to soften. Now nearly a month into this medication I have came down 12 lbs and seem to be holding there. I hope it and pray it gets me back to where I should be.”

mad in Florida January 11, 2012

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “I have been administering Egrifta now for 2 1/2 month's, with absolutely no reduction of abdominal fat. I am a thin person with my abdominal fat causing me to be unable to close my buttons and zippers of my clothing. Then I heard of Egrifta thinking it was the answer. Wrong! No results, just a painful irritated, scar tissue in my abdomen now. ”

briansbelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2015

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “Just finishing 2 months on Egrifta. 1st month not remarkable but at the 6 week mark I'm noticing a change. It seems as if the visceral fat has reduced and moving to sub-q fat. I've maintained the same diet, medication and work out schedule. Just about 7 lbs weight loss but not sure it's the egrifta. Will check in at the 3 month mark.”

Diminished · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 27, 2016

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “I had a problem with visceral fat as a side effect of my HIV meds. My doctors convinced me that Egrifta could reduce the density of my visceral fat and after using it for just over 7 months my affected area has had a softening and reduction of fat but I have had one unexpected and undesirable effect....my penis seem to be noticeably not as thick as it has been my entire life. While my husband says its no big deal it is to me! Has anyone else had this "side effect"?”

Sdguy · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 22, 2017

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “I have used Egrifta for about 4 years now, except when the drug was not available. I had a reduction in belly fat to a great degree AND lost over 25 lbs. I tapered the drug when I got too thin and stopped for over 9 months due to drug not being available. I believe I have also seen more fat in my face where it wasted before. I started again about 1 year ago when I started gaining weight (but more the old way)Now in the last 6 months my belly is still soft as oppposed to hard before the drug but still gaining weight so I have been dieting. Anyone else seeing similar or different longer term effects?”

disappointed · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 22, 2020

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “I have been on this Hide Away Medication for 2 years and at 8,000.00 script isn't worth 8.00. I did feel softness in my belly my weight did drop about 10 lbs and that is only because it redistributes the Visceral from one area of the body to another. My GH1 went up doing the 2 mg daily. all the weight poured on in just a few days. I eat healthy and I'm pretty active. My Visceral fat or so I am learning was caused from my TDF Medications.”

Synjewel · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2017

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “I've been on Egrifta for several months now with shuttle change, I'm not sure if it is working for me sometimes I notice soft stomach where as others it seen hard HIV has caused me to have this large stomach and I'm hoping Egrifta will take it away I'll give it more time.”

Ed Blessing September 17, 2020

“Found this current report to support the claim that elevated growth hormone levels saw an increase of 5.9% in specific cancers in a large study over 7 years. "Study finds that high levels of a growth factor increases risk for several cancers" by Oxford University”

Jack · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 14, 2019

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “I have been on Egrifta for 14 months. It took 6 months before I noticed much. I am now pleased with the results and will continue to use the product.”

Steve in San Diego · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2018

Egrifta (tesamorelin): “Body aches, nausea, but it is working. Not actual weight, but reducing belly fat”