User Reviews for Altabax to treat Impetigo

Altabax Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Impetigo.

Reviews for Altabax

"Used free sample. Will get some next time I get impetigo in the same recurring spot I have had it my whole life. Altabax worked better than any other antibiotic cream I've tried."

Anonymous October 3, 2012

"I had impetigo on my face and corner of my mouth. It was very painful. I started using Altabax and I had relief within a day."

Anonymous January 2, 2012

"I am 78 and have experienced problems with open wounds (the usual kitchen accidents and one bang on my shin from the corner of my car door). My Doctor recommended Altabax to clean up the bacterial infections. The positive results were immediate and the sores healed within a week to ten days always showing improvement each day when the dressings were removed. Altabax was used up until a thin layer of tissue formed over the wound. I was told not to get it wet during the healing process, so waterproof coverings are essential. I was told by the physician it is better for slow healing so the wound can heal from the bottom up. Use it sparingly, a drop the size of this O will go a long way."

Mcdoogle May 2, 2011

"Works great and did not experience any burning. Worked where other medicines did not seem effective."

Anonymous May 28, 2010

"Only day one, but I think it's starting to work. But I had to write in - this medicine STINGS like crazy on any type of open sore. Takes an hour or so to calm down. It works great."

snouter May 25, 2010

"My daughter's impetigo improved dramatically after just two applications of this medicine. She is 18 months old and has fair skin and she did not indicate any discomfort at all (and she certainly would have!). We used the ointment for a total of 10 applications (2 x a day for 5 days) and I would say there was an 80% improvement- I was amazed and thankful!"

Anonymous May 19, 2010

"I used the medicine according to directions. About an hour later it started to sting and burn and kept getting worse.I couldn't sleep and finally had to get up and wash it off with soap and water."

Anonymous October 4, 2009