User Reviews for Regorafenib to treat Colorectal Cancer

Also known as: Stivarga

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2020

Stivarga (regorafenib): “My husband is going to begin his 3rd month of this med Stivarga on 8/29/20. Dosage is 4 pills a day/160 mg. He takes it on a cycle of 3 weeks on & 1 week off. His side-effects have gotten progressively worse as the 3 week cycle progresses until the point of he can barely function due to lethargy, severe weight loss (he lost 8 lbs in a month) & loss of appetite. Currently he is off medication for 1 week and each day his appetite & energy gets better. I dread 8/29/20 when I know his side-effects are going to return. So far we don't know if this drug is effective on his metastatic stage 4 colon cancer because his Dr hasn't ordered a CT scan yet. Written 8/26/20”

Bvsdslp · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 7, 2017

Stivarga (regorafenib): “Have taken this medication for over a year. Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) well within normal range. Slightly elevated bilirubin. Only side effects are mild to moderate hand foot syndrome, some fatigue and nosebleeds due to low platelets. It is important to note that I have never done IV chemo, so my results may be different from others.”

Cancerfreakingsucks July 20, 2017

Stivarga (regorafenib): “I am writing this as a data point for those who may be considering this drug. My mother was recently put on this and it was literally the worst drug she's ever taken in her 6 year journey battling cancer. I read the reviews and begged her not to take it, but she went through it anyway. The drug caused her to be lethargic to the point where she could not move, she had a severe loss of appetite, she broke out in hives, she lost a significant amount of weight and could barely walk/clothe herself. She literally could not function. She took it for two weeks and by the end of it was so incoherent and weak that she collapsed inside of our home. And this was from taking 2 pills one week, 3 pills the next.”

Learn more about Colorectal Cancer