User Reviews for Prevnar 13

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Prevnar 13.

Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis
4.4

Summary of Prevnar 13 reviews 4.4 16 reviews

Reviews for Prevnar 13

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "I have suffered extreme muscular stiffness and weakness in my back, shoulders and legs since taking this vaccine. I have also developed chronic upper respiratory infection. This vaccine should be taken off the market."

ZZXYZ November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "Initial injection hurt slightly, was more than I expected, not like a flu shot. However, arm only slightly sore next morning and by end of day no issue at all. Must admit I’ve had allergy shots in the past that were much worse than this, so maybe I was conditioned. If it truly prevents or lessen the serious diseases they discuss, then it’s definitely worth any minor inconvenience of the injection. Recommend."

B.K. (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "I turn 66. Ext month and while getting my annual flu shot was advised by the pharmacist to get the 1st dose of Prevnar13 Within minutes my arm started to ache and by bedtime it was swollen and quite painful. The next day and following day and still continuing into the second month my shoulders and joints are quite inflamed. It feels like my shoulder joint if deeply injured. Sleep is near impossible on my sides where I normally sleep and still mildly painful lying on my back. I won't get the second shot nest year as this has been excruciatingly painful."

Oily (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "I had extreme swelling at injection site, muscle , joint , nerve pain continuing and still there four months after injection. Very limited use and movement of the arm where injection was done. Inflammation caused plaque in arteries to break loose and clog arteries resulting in two stints having to be placed in heart. I still have pain in neck and shoulder muscles......"

grizzly30 September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "I turned age 66 last yr and at annual check up my Dr recommended I get a pneumonia shot (never had 1). The Doctor said take half that yr and other half this yr and then never take again. Last year I had redness and swelling of arm, joint and body pain, chills, weakness and cough. The redness had gone after 1 week but other symptoms continued for 2-3 months. This year at check up I told my Dr my side effect symptoms but he didn't think it was from shot, so he gave me the other half. Within 2 hours arm swollen with redness covering whole upper arm. I was hot at the injection site and stiffness in joint and reduced range of motion. I had soreness in front and back shoulder area. I had body aches ,low grade fever and in bed for 3 days. Some side effect symptoms are better but redness, soreness, low range motion still present. Never again thank goodness"

margey sue (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "I suffered side effects that commenced four days after being vaccinated. They included intense itching at injection site, redness, swelling. My arm showed movement limitations the day following injection, accompanied by moderate pain. On day five, the discomfort was sufficient to inhibit sleeping that night. I see nothing to recommend this treatment for senior citizens, although my doctor administered it to me, knowing I'm 78 years old."

lihowar (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "Had this given 7 days ago. Initial pressure and pain with injection and a after injection pain rush but then ok. Not as sore as having Flu shot afterward. Piece of cake and glad to hope that I do not end up with Pneumonia as that was really not fun at all. In the hospital for two weeks and weak as a kitten. If you need it, get it."

Snicky1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "Delayed reaction 3-4 days both arms muscle and joint pain and weakness (4 months and counting) swelling in both arms (left twice the swelling) drowsy and sleeping excessively vomiting"

Iggy23 March 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "Side effects of injection include very sore arm effectively rendered useless. Muscle aches and joint pain without relief would not allow me to sleep. Fatigue and back pain plus headache contributed to an overall miserable night and day. I don't know how long this will continue, it has been 36 hours. This vaccine requires at least two days off work and should be accompanied by a good narcotic."

1981cj7 (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "Had a pneumonia shot at 45. Said I would never need another. Being 63 and diabetic doctor recommended one. No worse than a flu shot. Arm was a little sore so took Advil and slept on other side. Felt fine the next day."

buckdog (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "Within a few days of the Prevnar 13 injection, my left knee became very painful, limited mobility requiring ice, Motrin and rest. It lasted 6 weeks and spontaneously resolved . Then my right knee started in the same manner, but much worse and lasted 10 weeks before spontaneously resolving. I did not have any injuries or change in activities to cause this. in both knees, there was NEVER any swelling, just pain and limited mobility."

Anonymous November 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "My rheumatologist had me take it during a routine visit. Had not been taking any ra meds..humeria and methotrexate for five months since i felt 110% better and didnt feel i had it anymore. I had almost continous respitory infections while on these medications. The nurse told me it would sting and my arm would hurt for a few days. That was the least of my worries. By that evening i had chills, a fever, and rash. Could not even get out of bed the next day and go go work which is very rare for me. Went to work the next day and had a terrible honking unproductive cough and was wheezing and felt like I couldn't catch my breathe. I called my doctor and she prescribed a medrol pack. Helped somewhat but then ended up with a sinus infection."

Mollylucy (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "When I was in my 20s I had a pneumonia shot and they said I would never need another one. My doctor insisted I have this new one. I didn't want it and he knew it but a nurse was standing there with the shot and I let them administer it in my upper right arm towards the back. The same day, my arm was useless and I had to hold on to it as it hurt so bad. I kept trying to get into the doc. but was turned down. I only lived a block away and went into his office but would not see me. This was, guessing, a year and some ago. My arm hurt that much for a week and then started to be able to move it. But, the shoulder joint of that arm is still very painful. I am in therapy for my right arm. Rapid heatbeat and breathing too."

Juanita too March 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "Had the Prevnar 13 yesterday. Couldn't sleep last night and my arm was painful. I can't lift my arm now and it's very sore. I put ice packs on it and took aspirin but, so far, it hasn't helped! Hope this is all worth it."

Baka (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "I had this injection earlier today; it was no more uncomfortable than the annual flu shot that I always get - just a slight stick. I have no redness or irritation at the injection site, and I am experiencing no side effects whatsoever. I've had the 'other' (PPSV23 pneumonia shot and with it I did have redness and soreness around the injection site, but it went away after a few days. I've had pneumonia about 10 years ago, and I don't ever want to go through that again. The pneumonia vaccinations are the way if you are 'at risk', as I am."

Tony_M October 26, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumococcal Disease Prophylaxis "Most painful injection in my life! Felt like a screwdriver being shoved in my arm. Shot was given very high on my arm and I believe it went into shoulder joint. 45 min after given I experienced severe low back pain and after almost 2 months I have severe pain when abducting my arm. I have taken a round of Keflex from my FNP."

Helen Staudt (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2015