User Reviews for Salagen

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Salagen.

Reviews for Salagen to treat Xerostomia

"Started using this upon recommendation of my dentist for my severe dry mouth. My mouth gets so dry at times it gets hard to talk and it's destroying my teeth. I find the only time I need this is when at work and sweat a lot. Has helped out a lot. Drawbacks are I get hot/chill flashes at times after taking it and it will definitely make your nose start running. Another problem is I can't take it before going to bed because it produces so much saliva that I get choked on it and you will wake up to a big drool spot on your pillow. I now use a toothpaste containing xylitol before going to bed and that has helped out since regular flouride toothpaste dries my mouth out more. Overall this medication has helped me out a lot and I do recommend it."

Ynohtna (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2018

"I've taken them for burning dry tongue now my mouth and tongue is even drier"

dee 123 December 26, 2017

"I have severe dry mouth from radiation treatment, resulting in severe tooth decay. Salagen has really helped soothe my mouth and gums"

Popinator November 13, 2017

"I have sjogrens so have a dry mouth. I would give it 10, but I find only one drawback. I can take only four per day and many days I could use just one more. But this has really been a godsend for me. I developed 30 small cavities during the time that I was not taking this (about one year). And I was slurring my words so much because of the completely dry mouth - my husband actually thought I was having a series of strokes. With pilocarpine I have my dental problems under control, and I have my voice and comfort back. My primary doctor did not know about this. My rheumatologist did not suggest it, my dentist did not know of it... I got on the internet and looked for a medicine that had the side effect of making my "mouth water" -- almost immediately I found this Rx."

Louisefed March 7, 2017