User Reviews for Naloxone / pentazocine

Also known as: Talwin Nx

Learn more about Naloxone/pentazocine.

Chronic Pain 5 reviews 111 medications

Pain 14 reviews 1094 medications

7.3
Summary of Naloxone/pentazocine reviews 19 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Naloxone/pentazocine

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Chronic Pain: "I was on this for most of the 80's and 90's. No need to up dosage, I would give anything to get them again. Last year I weaned off morphine, because it was too low of a dose. 60mgs. Per day! I moved, and back home I got up to 120mgs of methadone per day. Plus pain Doc'S are VERY scarce here, the few there are either won't take new patients and/or my insurance. So to answer the question- TalwinNX works really well on pain. It can cause anxiety in some people."

animalfan (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 21, 2016

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Chronic Pain: "Great medicine for controlling pain/chronic pain. non addictive.the nclenal stands for Nicene which is arcane.an opioid & drug overdose reversal medication. it works by blocking opioid and other addictive medications from building up in cells/body. as talwin contains small amounts of opioid the amazing thing about this medication is while using for chronic pain, it took away all mental urges or desires to think about drinking alcohol.which I had stopped yrs before but had that mental desires or thoughts too drink.Cravings so to say.it may have same long term result for addicts who crave other drugs..amazing! An important fact that is not a warning from drug co.is .it blocks relax meds before procedures su.colonoscopy, relax medication.scary"

mizzmoze (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 21, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I have been taking this med for many years and it still works great. It has greatly improved my quality of life. I have had several cervical neck surgeries and I have lived with chronic pain for many years. This medication has been a life saver for me and I would recommend it to anyone living with chronic pain. Thank You"

5string January 15, 2014

For Chronic Pain: "I've been on this medicine for five years and is the best pain relief for my knees and back. Still can't do much on this medicine but it takes away the pain. Lay down after taking for best results."

Roger Dodger January 8, 2014

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Chronic Pain: "Talwin was first given to me when I had wrist surgery to reattach tendons and ligaments torn from the bone during a car accident. Plus I have fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis. And I'm allergic to all the morphine, codeine types. My wrist surgeon coupled Talwin NX with Phenergan and it worked like a charm. Now I use that very combination for psoriatic arthritis flares. It's wonderful!"

Shy-D December 22, 2013

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Pain: "Acute allergic reaction. ER treatment of Epipen and Steroid injections and 5 day regimen of prednisone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2012

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Pain: "Hydrocodone wasn't providing relief through the entire duration between doses and doctor wouldn't prescribe more frequently because of my "body size". Oxycodone didn't touch the pain, so doctor prescribed Talwin NX. I developed severe hives by the second dose and developed breathing problems. Didn't take a third dose and it didn't help with my pain that much. Have sacroiliac joint dysfunction with severe pain and lumbar pain with cycling muscle spasms. Am allergic to steroid so trigger point injections didn't work either."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2012

For Pain: "I take the generic form (PENTAZOCINE-NALOXONE TABLET). I have Fibromyalgia. I moved to GA around 3 yrs ago and luckily my last Pain Management Physician was able to refer me to a Doctor in a nearby town. I travel 132 miles round trip to him monthly. At the point of seeing him I was in real bad pain and he prescribed naloxone/pentazocaine generic. This medication has helped me I take a steady 1 to 2 every 4 hours. It is more rare now to take 2. I know it is masking the pain and it does not mess with my head. I can get into major pain at times. It passes, I think easier because I have a steady level in my system."

parsec October 4, 2011

For Pain: "I was prescribed this medicine after having one of my lower large molars pulled. I ended up with a dry socket and in horrible pain. This is a great pain reliever without the side effects like the others. I will use it again if needed."

Anonymous May 3, 2011

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Pain: "Worked great for my back pain"

Anonymous February 9, 2011

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Pain: "I deal with chronic back and leg pain due to a ruptured disc and bulging disc above and below, 3 ruptured discs that were fused via surgery. I have been on opiates (hydrocodone, morphine, oxycet) for 4 years and finally got sick of the side effects and physical dependency these drugs create. The dependency and withdrawal finally got worse than the pain that these drugs released. I detoxed cold turkey off of them for 2 weeks and then decided to try this medicine. I have been on it for about a month and it has worked wonders. Very few side effects and sweet pain relief. I do not have to be on this medicine every waking moment and I can even go days without needing any. So far this has become the answer I have been searching for."

Anonymous August 29, 2010

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Pain: "I have been taking Talwin NX for about 3 years now. I have two fractures in my mid and lower back. The first Doctor I saw for this condition had me on Vicodin 10mg. He had me on 56 pills a week. After awhile, my weekly appointments stopped being about pain and started to be about getting that script filled. I finally woke up to the fact that I was addicted to these pills. It really scared me. I went to my primary physician and he really helped me. He used Talwin to detox me off of the Vicodin. It proved to be an excellent pain medicine for me. I don't know if it's my constitution but I am not addicted to Talwin NX. If I run out and can't get to my Doctor or whatever, I do not experience any withdrawal symptoms."

icybluiz July 20, 2010

For Pain: "I have a congenital birth defect called Arnold-Chirari Malformation. Part of my brain sticks out the back of my skull and pushes against my spinal cord. I live in a small town and had a difficult time getting my pain managed because I was in my late 20s and was told I couldn't receive pain pills until I was older. (Backwards and shameful, I know.) I resisted attempts to make me submit to brain surgery because I have Factor V and a history of DVT and PE. After spending nearly 3 years of my life bedridden with severe pain in my head, eye, neck, and spine, unable to work or study, a physician finally gave me this medication. It gave me my life back and nobody questions the fact that I am young and seeking only pain relief in order to function."

Anonymous April 24, 2010

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Pain: "Was given this for pain, had bad shaking, very anxious and irratable. Also dizzy and nauseated."

Anonymous December 6, 2009

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Pain: "I have had severe pain due to a few different health issues for years. I was prescribed Talwin NX and have found relief that I have not felt in years. I do not ever feel the need to up my dose because I'm having a bad day. My only problem is I live in a small town and it is running out and they can't seem to order it."

Anonymous February 20, 2009

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Pain: "TALWIN NX is the only drug which relieved the pain in my upper spine. I have been taking two a day for 12 years and have not needed to increase dosage. To me it was a miracle drug."

elainesul1 October 28, 2008

For Pain: "I am prescribed to Talwin NX for chronic left leg pain due to having numerous strokes, seizures, and two heart-attacks. I have also been diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I think this medication works very well and when I don't take it for awhile I have no adverse reactions-(withdrawals).I have also not formed a dependency to this medication unlike other narcotic pain medications I have been prescribed."

justin82 March 15, 2008

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Pain: "Stronger pain med, is schedule 3 drug, so its not as hard to get a prescription for. I take it for severe back arthritus pain, and it works wonders. Not as hard on the liver as drugs containing tylenol. Stay away from tylenol if you have liver disease."

billval March 5, 2008

Talwin Nx (naloxone / pentazocine) for Pain: "this medication was prescribed for constant back pain. While taking Talwin NX, I was mean, irritable, and had the shakes. "

LadyJoon October 12, 2007