User Reviews for Mepivacaine to treat Local Anesthesia

Also known as: Carbocaine, Isocaine, Polocaine, Scandonest Plain, Polocaine-MPF

Mepivacaine has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Local Anesthesia. 50% of those users who reviewed Mepivacaine reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Mepivacaine Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Local Anesthesia.

33% 2
17% 1
50% 3
Scrapbooker February 3, 2021

Carbocaine (mepivacaine): “I've had a lot of dental work done over the years. A lot of fillings, root canals, tooth removals, etc. I used to use novocaine but I told the dentist it burns my sinuses so, and made the whole side of my face ache, my teeth, eyes, ears, headache, etc. So I started having no nonovcaine to have fillings put in. Dentist couldn't believe it! Then later in life when I went to a holistic dentist and they did a test to see what kinds of things I might be allergic to and I told them my experience with novocaine. He said he would try carbocaine instead. It worked great! No more pain and could have my teeth pulled with no discomfort! He said it was the epinepherine that was causing the burning sensation I would get with the novocaine. Drs. prefer novocaine because it works quicker, he said. I finally don't dread the dentist so much.”

Denise Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

Carbocaine (mepivacaine): “Severe reaction today having new crown, lots of drilling. Must use non-eppe Novocaine to begin with and now can't use Carbocaine either. Tremors, freezing cold, uncontrollable, shaking, when sitting up left eye twitching then, both, then both eyes & cheeks & lips twitched uncontrollably, hands & thighs trembling, trouble swallowing. Now 7 hours later, left eye feels very droopy/heavy, feel very tired & slow, a bit confused & lethargic. Very weird reaction, never had it before and been using non-eppe novocane for 60 yrs.”

Female · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2019

“I had a very bad experience with mepivacaine. It caused me to pass out, gave me a headache for a week and a trip to the ER for bradycardia.”

Chrissy · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2019

Carbocaine (mepivacaine): “My doctor recommended carbocaine after I had a severe reaction to Lidocaine. Its not as strong as Lidocaine and has less side effects in my opinion.”

Anonymous May 26, 2011

“I had a bad reaction while having dental work and ended up being taken to the hospital.”

Nanoman September 16, 2008

Polocaine (mepivacaine): “I have been self injecting for 3 years and have had no side effects other then what is to be expected. I find it very helpful in relieving extreme isolated pain with predictable results”

Learn more about Local Anesthesia