User Reviews for Suprep

Bowel Preparation 381 reviews 114 medications

7.9
Summary of Suprep reviews 381 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Suprep

For Bowel Preparation "Third colonoscopy for screening purposes, first time using Suprep. The split dosing worked great -- drank first dose from 4:30 - 4:45 PM, one hour later the poop parade began, and went perhaps 5 times over the next two hours, color was brownish-yellow by the end of round one. Drank second dose from 3:15 - 3:30 PM, liquid poop parade began 1/2 hour later, and was coming out clear yellow by 5:30 AM. Dr. said the preparation was very good. Suprep flavor is not bad -- I mixed it with ice water, drank it in three big gulps, chased with orange gatorade. It's a little gross, but take your time and sip other palatable juices in between and you'll be fine."

Colon-blow December 1, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Experience actually was pretty good. My doctor told me to take the first dose at 5 PM, followed by the second dose at 9 PM. After taking each those I was in the bathroom within 30 minutes. The only difficulty was just the taste but not nearly as bad as some of the previous reviews that I've read. I would have to say that the overall experience was tolerable. That said I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy."

LacrosseDude (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "First off thank you to everyone that replied and posted there results. It was very helpful to me when I had concerns in the middle of the night last night. My experience wasn't so bad. I previously had to do the jug prep. That was so horrible. Suprep was a lot easier on me and the taste wasn't as bad as others have said it to be. Just drink fast. I took at 6pm and was fearful wasn't working as no BM until 1230am. I did have a lot of stomach pains though.Once started was easy and over within few hours. Took second dose at 6am and before could finish solution was running for bathroom. By 830am was clear and ready for procedure."

Staceyma1982 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "3 time taking this today....much better than a few others on the market....hopefully this will be the last for at least 2 years...wish me luck"

Markski November 17, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Suprep was horrible! Nasty and expensive! 80 dollars. It made me so sick toward the end of the prep. Chills and freezing and shaking. This time my prep was decent using magnesium citrate, ducolax and miralax. Great price for the three items no cramps! Hoping all goes well. Dr has to remove a flat polyp!"

Lady Jade November 17, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I have UC and this is the worst prep that I have ever used. I have had colonoscopies for 25 years due to UC and this prep did not work. Even though I followed the directions and used an additional bottle of magnesium citrate, this preparation still did not work."

D. S. November 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I was pleasantly surprised by how well this went. I read the reviews and followed some of the tips. Berry Propel water to mix the medicine with really helped with the taste. It wasn't bad. I chilled it well, and chugged it down. It started to work in 20 minutes. Other than feeling chilled, I was fine. No bad cramping, or bloating. I started at 5:00 P.M. and thought I'd be up all night, but by 9:30 I was able to fall asleep, and only got up once. Took the 2nd dose at 5:30 A.M. the next day. Same results. My procedure was at 11:30, and everything was great! I squeezed lemon juice into the two glasses of water after each dose, and that helped too. This was WAY better than the prep I did ten years ago! Insurance didn't cover, so Dr. gave me med"

AnneAdelle November 9, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "The taste isn't that Awful however I highly recommend taking it cold and I swished ginger ale in my mouth after each chug and the spit it out. Helped with the taste. It kicked in really quickly. Like 15 minutes after I finished drinking it. It's been 2 hours and I'm still going but it's clear. I would suggest living in the bathroom for a few hours. I couldn't go far with out having to go that first hour. I didn't have any cramps or bloating or any other side effects. If anything I feel better than I did before I started. The prep and all that water sort of filled me up."

Kimbo213525 November 7, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I have had UC/Crohn's for 30 years with colonoscopies every 1-3 yrs. This was the best prep I have ever used. The taste is acceptable and the smaller quantity of fluids is very easy to handle. I just chugged it right down. It worked quickly-within the hour, no cramping, no chills, no headache. I used the split dose and the only down side was getting up at 3am because I had an early morning procedure scheduled. I will use this prep again; it was a breeze. I highly recommend it."

JJSTEELIO November 6, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "After several bouts with diverticulitis (at age 43) a colonoscopy was ordered. I've drank Barium before and it's much worse. The taste is like overly salted salt water with aluminum, windex and cherry flavored cough syrup. I recommend chilling the solution and keeping a hard candy in your mouth while sipping lemon water or sprite. My belly was very swollen and distended and had a brutal headache- That could be from clear liquid only diet for the last 48 hours. Suprep started clearing out after about 30 minutes. Still waiting for the second dose at 3am. Make your restroom comfy- blanket (as I had severe chills) step stool for your feet and laptop/tablet to bide your time. I tried to get up and lay in bed, but there's nowarning- stay in there"

Anonymous October 31, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I took my first dose as directed at 6:00pm. Didn't taste good- but I chugged it down and drank 32 more ounces of water. Had chills and lots of stomach rumbling- but no BM! And now it's almost 6 hours later and just chills and rumbling but still no action. Supposed to take second dose at 4:30am , but I'll move that up to 3:00am. Has anybody taken the first dose and... nothing?"

Scscscsc October 30, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "So every since I went through chemo and radiation I have had NO bowel movements without laxatives. I technically was supposed to save this prescription for a future colonoscopy but I was in too much pain so tonight I decided to give it a go. It tastes horrible and I had to stop myself from vomiting. But wowza does it work. Took about an hour and a half. Actually I was in the shower and had to literally jump out. I could already feel my stomach getting smaller! Great stuff!"

saramorgan123 October 28, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I was really nervous to take this but it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. Def tastes better chilled; at room temperature it is very salty; chilled it tastes like overly sweet cough syrup with a bitter after-taste. It helped me to suck on ice or a popsicle in between sips of the superprep. It began working for me about 1/2 hour after the first dose and I didn't stop going until a 1/2 hour before my procedure. Tips to help: walking or even just standing helps you from feeling too bloated, stay very, very close to the bathroom as you don't have much warning, use Desitin in between every BM, and have something to keep you distracted, like Netflix. It's uncomfortable and unpleasant, but not as much as a cancer diagnosis."

SIH October 25, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Only have taken one dose. Best way to describe the taste is liquid version of chewable cherry aspirin. Not a bad taste if its one tiny tablet quite another thing to taste it in a glass of water that you have to chug. Had to resort to straw. Though I dont know how I am going to handle round two, because at the moment the thought of drinking water makes me want to hurl, there are worse tasting things so I willl march on."

MJD2016 (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Had my first colonoscopy and was given suprep. I found it very easy to use and worked very quickly once taken. I followed all directions to the letter. I was surprised when the doctor post procedure said the he had to take extra time to clean. I felt disappointed because it's a lot of work to prep for this procedure and I was not happy with the end result."

Steven9876 October 20, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I have had two colonoscopy in my life. The first one I used golytely. It was horrible to try and get that much fluid down and I cramped so horribly it felt like my stomach would rupture! It definitely cleaned me out though. This time I did suprep it was a cake walk comparably. No stomach cramps I just felt like I was peeing out of my rectum. I am not so sure however how well it cleaned me out the gastrointerologist said I was sufficiently cleaned but I don't think I was as clean as I was the first time. The taste of suprep is horrible but still it was way better than going through all that pain."

Hunterpunisher (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Yup, it tastes foul but you knew that already. Unfortunately I didn't read these reviews until after my first dose and didn't think to chill it prior. Big mistake, I'd rather eat liver and onions for a month than taste this evil concoction at room temperature again. Took my first dose at 5pm after a liquids only diet all day. No bloating on the first dose and very light nausea. Took about an hour to kick in then the fun began. Major gas at first - even the dog left the room - then the 15 second dash to the loo every ten minutes for FIVE hours. I'm not exaggerating in the least. Second dose at 10pm was even worse. Finally got to sleep around 4am for a 6:30am procedure. Does it work? You betcha but it is not pleasant."

Sore in GA (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Last time I used GoLytely and couldn't keep it down, so I told the PA, who said "Now we have something much better." As if. It's horrendous. Bitter/salty/metallic with a ghastly faux-cherry overtone. Got the first dose down but agree with advice to just chug it without giving yourself time to pause. Afterwards paced for 20 minutes with hand over mouth fighting urge to barf. After swilling all the water my abdomen was swollen like a balloon from the gas. I will say it's fast. Took dose #1 at 3PM and by 4:30 the floodgates opened. Tried dose #2 at 9 PM & could only get halfway & that was with sucking lemons, etc. By then the discharge was like hot water so I stopped. Gets 2 stars for effectiveness but experience is a nightmare."

AustinPharmtech (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Up date on the mix with 32 oz of water. I started it at 6.00 pm even though I mixed it all together I could not drink it all. It did kick in and my bowels moved at 2:30 am. So instead of the 2nd bottle I mixed Maralax 14 cap fulls to 64 oz of water and drank that over 4 hrs. My doctor told me to do this. So the prep did work even though I mixed it altogether in the beginning."

Anonymous October 5, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Drank the prep,held my nose and chugged and wow! Was it nasty! I am not fussy and am a just do it sort of person, but this stuff was foul. I sucked on an orange wedge right after.The next 32 oz were a breeze. Then came the bloating (a lot) and significant pain. I drank peppermint tea &massaged my belly and after 40 min I let loose, this after an extra day of liquid diet. 5 hrs later and still gurgling and gas(running for the loo each time) still not clear. I have a 12noon appt and am supposed to take my next dose at 8 am.I think I will move it to 6 am. From what I read here people finished up pretty quickly. A not as unpleasant an experience as 10 yrs ago, but I could do without the icky flavor& pain. Not looking forward to next dose."

Gertrudey October 3, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I decided to do some research on Suprep. Saw a lot of positive and negative comments. But one positive comment caught my attention. This person mentioned using Berry flavored Propel water. I decided to give this a try with my first dose. So I bought some and made sure it was very cold. I mixed it with the first bottle of Suprep, plugged my nose and downed it fast. I was surprised it was not bad, yes I could taste that salty taste afterwards but I washed it down with the remaining 6 ounces of Propel and then finished the next two 16oz glasses of water in an hour. It kicked in about hour & a half later (bathroom trips about every 30 min). Next morning was easier, and procedure went very well, Good till 2026!"

HuskerFan (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Remember the tune from childhood? Stranded, stranded, stranded on the toilet bowl! What do you do when you're stranded, and got no paper roll? EFFECTIVE! Humour aside, food poisoning is way worse. Make sure you have TP (giggle), a couple of magazines, and fanny wipes."

Stranded Business (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Suprep is the way to go. I had horrible anxiety about doing another prep after a bad experience with another product years ago. I almost cancelled my appt and even called my doctor for other prep options. I warned them that if I was unable to drink this they would not see me in the morning because I wasn't going to force myself to drink something that will make me sick. I have to say this was so easy I had no gagging while drinking it and no nausea either. I had none of the horrible side effects other people had experienced. Does it taste great? No it doesn't but very tolerable and the lemon trick worked like a champ. It does taste like cherry cough syrup but very easy to swallow. I would use this product again."

Anonymous September 29, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Taste was kinda grape metallic, not too awful bad. Took the first dose at 6:30PM, finally worked at 11:00PM. Took the second dose at 3:15AM, started working before I finished the second glass of water, and was through at 6:45 AM. When it was done, it was done. No worries about an accident on the way to the clinic, etc. It was on and off, not continuous in the bathroom. Overall, I'm happy with the product, it was really gentle-acting for me, not a violent experience like I've had previously."

Bud T. September 16, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "Focused on the positive reviews. Did the same day prep began at 4:30 AM, colonoscopy at 12:30 PM. First 6 oz bottle with water and Peach Mango crystal light. 2 16 oz bottle of water within an hour. BM within 30 min. Same dose at 8:45 AM. Of course fatigued, light headache since no food. Day before light breakfast light lunch and light dinner. Gatorade in evening. Overall went as expected and recommend over two day prep."

GadgetExpert (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations