User Reviews for Belviq (Page 9)

Belviq Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Belviq to treat Weight Loss

"I just started belviq on Friday Feb 26 2016 side effects are headache and hour after I take it in morning's, and tiredness throughout most of the day hopefully this subsides, but I do feel as my hunger is being suppressed, I have to force myself to eat, but healthy, I'm going to keep at it a month and reevaluate when script is due , I will weigh myself in 2 weeks to see what's happening $77 without coupon , next time I will have my doctor prescribe 60 then the coupon will cover , I will keep u updated"

redheadtoo March 1, 2016

"I started Belviq on 1/26/16 today, 2/27/16 I am down 9 pounds. I started at 203 lbs and today I weigh 194 lbs, it works, but you have to work too. No side effects for me. My goal is 170 lbs by May 31st...that's only 24 lbs !"

Nancycd1961nj (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2016

"Even though I did lose about 4 pounds in almost 2 weeks.. I feel that was from my healthy eating and not the belviq. I was still hungry, extremely tired, and towards the end of my trial depressed. I wouldn't reccomend this product to anyone :("

928girl February 27, 2016

"This drug made me extremely tired and then the heartburn started after three weeks and I could not take any longer. Zero pounds lost in three weeks."

Liskay February 25, 2016

"I started Belviq with the free 15 day prescription. After the 15 days, I had only lost 4 pounds. I decided to get the 30 day prescription since it was only $75 with the Belviq savings card. I think I will try it for a month or two to see how it goes. I haven't really experienced any side affects, other than my blood sugar being way lower than normal, which is a good thing, although I'm not really sure why, as I feel I am eating as much as before. Some days it seems I get fuller quicker than normal when eating, but I still get as hungry as I ever did before. I will be getting back to more regular exercise soon, so I hope that will help too. I only gave it a "5" for now, until I see how it goes. Fingers crossed!"

Hopeful in MO February 22, 2016

"Today I am a new user of belviq, I super excited after reading all of the testimonies. I will keep all of you posted. Happy dieting!!"

Anonymous February 17, 2016

"First 10 days of taking Belviq, no difference except generalized muscle aches. Then the 'switch' came on. Weight started falling off. Did not change lifestyle @ all. I didn't excercise & didn't start. Lost 20 lbs in approx. 3 months. Kept wt. off 1 yr. After 1 yr., Belviq seems to have stopped working. Have put 10 lbs back on. Has it stopped working after months. for anyone else. Loved it & want it to work again for me."

Sleeper1 February 16, 2016

"I took trial of belviq last year with no side effects. I just filled prescription and several side effects. Wondering if anyone else has experienced: overly tired, fatigue, feeling like I'm catching a cold or flu. It only been 2 days."

Tjoct16 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

"I started taking Belviq a few days ago. I started with 1 pill, because I am sensitive to amphetamines and learned the hard way with Phen (by day three, I couldn't sleep-taking half a dose). For the last two days, I split the second dose in half, taking a total of 1.5 pills/day. Today, I will take the full dose as prescribed. What I have noticed so far, is that it doesn't really "suppress" my appetite, but I am eating a lot less with each meal. I get full faster. Listen to your body and stop eating when you are no longer hungry. Also, for those of you who do not have insurance coverage there are coupons available"

KittCatt (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2016

"I have only been on Belviq for 1 week. I'm not sure if I have lost any weight yet. I am experiencing many side effects. Bad headache, slightly dizzy, very tired (napping almost daily), and stomach issues (heartburn & diarrhea). I'm giving it 6 weeks and then I will decide what to do. I'm hoping the side effects go away within another week."

gory (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

"Took Belviq two week trial was shocked started off at 216 went to doctor when two week trial was up I was 208. I drink plenty of water. An helped curve my appetite. Only thing was now can't get put on it because my insurance doesn't cover it and its too expensive."

Babygurl10578 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

"I've been taking belviq for six months. I've lost 42 pounds. At 5'6 I went from 220 to178. I'd like to loose that last 8. I combined Belviq with the Calorie counting app that allows you to enter daily foods and activities. It then provides a daily analysis and maintains all your records. Finally it grades you each day. Together I've had great success and feel so much better. Only side effect : dry mouth. I can live with that !"

Jillymichele (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

"I am 52 years old, 5'5 and weighed 183 pounds. Keeping my old eating habits and staying sedentary expecting this med to work netted a 5 lb loss over 3 months. So I quit. I restarted after a 6 month break with a new food & exercise plan. My weight is falling off this time! My learning is that this med is exponentially more effective if I take responsibility for getting off the sofa and spending more time & money in the produce dept. I'm down 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks back on it. I've found some great recipes for vegetables I never thought I'd eat. My appetite us suppressed enough that I'm perfectly satisfied with a 5 oz steak instead of my normal 16 oz. I recommend Belviq but only as a supplement to healthier eating and exercise."

Sillo January 29, 2016

"I began Belviq in August 2015. Overall I was very pleased with my results. I took it religiously for 3 months, and lost 30 pounds! The only side effect I experienced was weight loss. I had to make myself eat, and used My Fitness Pal to journal my nutrition/calories. I tried to stick to a 1000 to 1200 calorie limit, but most of the time I ate less. The down side to Belviq: just after I ordered anothe 3 month supply, it quit working altogether. I tried waiting a month, then trying again, unfortunately, it no longer worked for me...period. I was devastated. I have switched to another weight loss program, but too soon to see results."

Onamission (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2016

"I just started taking Belviq 7 days ago. So far I have not experienced any troublesome side effects. I will say that I have felt tired and in the first days I did have a slight headache. Other than that it's been easy. Also I started out at 255lbs and now am at 247lbs. So I guess it's working."

naeinhtown (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

"I've been taking Belviq for 6 months and have lost 43 lbs but I am also exercising by walking at least 2 days a week and watching what I eat. I have had no side affects. I feel for Belviq to work as you want and as efficiently as it can, you need to have not only exercise but the frame of mind to think things through when you are feeling hungry. Like why are you hungry? are you not hungry but bored? are you sitting around watching TV? I have eaten most anything I want but in portions I have learned after 6 months the amount of food that I know will fill me up so I don't get the feeling of full like I did in the beginning because I don't put large portions on my plate and I'm never hungry after a meal."

Anonymous January 19, 2016

"I've been using Belviq for a little over a month. I start on 12-9-15 at the weight of 277.4 and today on 1-16-2016 I have lost 13lbs total. I did have stall the second week taking the medication. I try to watch what I eat and how much I eat. I had no side effects of any kind I really do like this medication. It helps me to stop craving for foods I shouldn't have at all. My goal for the end of the year to drop down to 75lbs. Good luck to those who's giving the Belviq a try."

achiever (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

"I have been on Belviq for 6 months and have loss 50 lbs. I have a heart condition and can not exert my heart rate, so exercise is out. I'm counting carbs and drinking 1 protein shake a day(30 gms protein). I am off several meds now and feel soooooo much better. I am 72 years old and went from 226 to 176 and I feel like I have a new lease on life. I have had NO side effects My goal is to lose total of 75 lbs. My shortness of breath is much, much better and love watching the lbs disappear. This Belviq saved my life.Thank you Belviq."

jaxgirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2016

"So far I am not impressed. On the first day I had a dizzy headache, but from the second day on I have had no bad symptoms at all. That's the good news! The bad news is I have been on Belviq for 6 days and I have GAINED 1 pound each day I have been using it!! On the first day I cut down all portions, ate a salad or small cup of soup for lunch and a smaller portion of dinner--yet each morning I have gained a pound. It is absurd! I plan to take the full regimen of pills I bought (and what a bill that was!!), but I don't know if I will make it to my next doctor's appointment in 3 months with good news. I have not been hungry at all, so you'd think the weight would at least stay the same or go down. Very depressed.. :-("

BonnieL54 January 12, 2016

"I have only been on Belvig for 1 week and I have lost 6 lbs but in addition I have cut back on soda 99%, cut out 100% of fast food, and cut my general food intake. I have experienced zero side effects which is a big reason for the high score along with the initial weight loss. I purchased Belvig with the Belvig savings card bring the cost from about 275 to 75. I think I will update/re review at the 3 month mark."

Brian_Z January 12, 2016

"I have been on Belviq for 3 days now and I was worried that I might not see any weight loss. I have joined the gym at work and I work out 3/4 days a week. After reading some of the positive responds, I am very hopeful that I will lose weight. I hope that I have a successful story as above, and not a story that I can not lose anything!. Just for the record I feel great taken 2 pills a day and I have not had any headache's at all, (I hope that it stays this way)."

Laura Smith (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

"I have been on Belviq 4 1/2 months and I have lost 61 pds. I have dropped down to 1 pill now because I do not want to get addicted to them. I did not give 10 stars because I want to make sure I do not get any long term side effects first. But Thanks Belviq I went from 320 to 258 and I feel so much better. I wish it was cheaper though."

Felecia Warner (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

"I have been on Belviq for 3 weeks, twice daily. Most side affects have gone away except I'm still tired a lot. I started @ 244, I'm now at 230. I walk 2 miles most days of the week and I watch my carb intake. It has greatly reduced my appetite where I almost forget to eat. I drink lots of water and drink a cup of hot green tea at bedtime."

Happy with Belviq (female) January 1, 2016

"I've been on the beviq for almost 4 months. Since day one I have not been hungry I was 265 now I'm 230lbs I'm so excited I don't excercise much it helps me a lot. "

Jackie180 December 23, 2015

"I started 5 days ago. The first 2 days I had dizziness and serious hunger pangs. I felt like I was more hungry than ever. The side affects are lessening..but not 100% gone. Sadly despite diet and exercise I have not lost 1 pound. I'll see how things go for a full 2 weeks before stopping."

Simplytps (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2015