User Reviews for Ivermectin

Also known as: Stromectol

Learn more about Ivermectin.

Strongyloidiasis 1 reviews 3 medications

Scabies 2 reviews 12 medications

8.5
Ascariasis 2 reviews 12 medications

Other 1 reviews

0.0
Summary of Ivermectin reviews 6 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Ivermectin

For Ascariasis: "I have developed conjunctivitis. My eyes are constantly itchy. My blood pressure, which has always on the low side has suddenly become high and my intestines are acting up."

Gfaye (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ascariasis: "Broad spectrum antiparasitic that works by paralyzing the invader so it loses its grip and is flushed out safely and without releasing its internal contents which can cause aggravating reaction to toxins within. Well tolerated, safe, and effective against many different types of parasites some of which are still unidentified. Not effective for pinworm, hookworm, or trichinosis but when combined with subsequent albenzadole or mebenzadole use will erradicate the majority of offending known and some unknown parasites. Be sure to use as directed and do a short course follow up retreatment as it may not work against eggs or cysts forms which may take 7-14 days to hatch. This medicine has a long half life and doses tend to be cumulative for days"

ClintNYtoVA (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stromectol (ivermectin) for Strongyloidiasis: "I have recently taken my third round of Stromectol for a skin condition that I describe as 'worms beneath the skin'. My dermatologist prefers to call my condition, 'V's rash'. I am using Stromectol with a daily dose of 200mg doxycycline. Yes, it does make me nauseous, but worth it. Stromectol has worked the best this third time. I begin my second phase today, as I began the third course two weeks ago. I've had no 'activity' in the skin since the third round began. Hope this last dose helps these. "

Vives August 1, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stromectol (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "After battling head lice for 6 months and spending hundreds of dollars and countless painful, tear filled hours, I finally was at my wits end and went to my doctor in tears. We are clean people but somehow we get rid of these awful bugs and then surprise, they are back. My doctor prescribed this medicine and I was very hesitant because I could not find any information regarding the treatment used for head lice but within 24 hrs of taking this medicine the lice bugs are just falling out and the nits will easily comb out. This is the worst thing that my 11 yr old has ever been through and I just hope it works. Will continue to let you know."

frustrated momma March 3, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Stromectol (ivermectin) for Scabies: "Works good, but the bug has to bite you in order for it to be effective. Administered by body weight formula. Saturation to full strength within 4 hours after ingestion. Remains at full strength for appx. 18 hours. Dissipation afterwards at appx. 2.5mg per day. Estimated half life is 12 days per dose. All conditions depend on body weight. Kills bugs wherever they feed, including those in the skin, which may cause ulcers from the decomposing dead parasite. Effectiveness on pre-existing eggs is questionable. Work closely with a doctor on the dosage and saturation levels or overlap doses. Keep records on reactions/results."

Anonymous January 20, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Scabies: "After trying the prescription cream 3 times with no improvement, I talked my doctor into giving me this. I took the two doses one week apart. In about 2 weeks I could no longer find live scabies on my skin and my rash lesions were beginning to heal."

cpadg August 28, 2009