User Reviews for Immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous

Also known as: Gammagard Liquid, Gamunex-C, Gammaked

Immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings on Drugs.com. 50% of those users who reviewed Immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Multifocal Motor Neuropathy 9.0
Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome 8.3
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy 7.7
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 5.0
Summary of Immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous reviews 8.0 13 reviews

Reviews for Immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous

Sue August 23, 2020

Gammagard Liquid (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I have Common variable immune deficiency (CVID). First time ever receiving this (gammagard) developed severe headache, N&V&D. Temp 100.2 and low back pain. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. Symptoms continued for 4 days. Second treatment gave me temp of 102, N&V, back pain, hypotension and lasted 3 days. 3rd dose was changed to phlebogard and I had headache , low back pain. & symptoms lasted 2 days, but did not start until 48 hrs post administration. Much better toleration.”

Miss Mina · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 14, 2019

Gammagard Liquid (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Was on gammagard at the hospital for one year. Had terrible back pain after infusion and my numbers never got above 525 for IgG. Changed to Hizentra and my number are near 1200 for IgG.”

Orion · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 3, 2019

Gammagard Liquid (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous): “I had Stiff Person Syndrome and I was on this medication 80% of my last 9 years of IVIG. It did well over all. I grew tired of the ups and downs I would go through each month. 2 weeks of feeling great, 1 week of meh, followed my a week of horrible with all my symptoms feeling magnified. I finally switched to subq last year and haven't looked back.”

Grammy · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 4, 2019

Gamunex-C (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “In 5 years of use, only one infection and need for antibiotics. Reduced ‘headaches’ symptom with Gamunex. I was on it for Common variable immune deficiency (CVID)”

MM January 7, 2019

Gammaked (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I feel this medicine gives me severe joint and muscle pain for about 72 hours .”

PoohBear · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2018

Gamunex-C (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy: “I have been under IViG therapy (intravenous immunoglobulin therapy) for more than 4 years, after first trying steroids for CIDP (Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy). Felt better immediately with steroids, but gained weight which is now impossible to lose! Switched to Gamunex which I have used alternately (every 6 months with a change of living location) with Gamagard - no problems with either one. The only thing I can complain about is the time at the hospital every 3 weeks that is required. At the last appointment I was informed that a switch had been made from the Gamagard to Gamunex-C. Again, no problems whatsoever. I feel fortunate that I no longer fall, and have only mild balance problems, along with NO REACTIONS to the products used in treatment.”

MackM3232 February 21, 2018

Gamunex-C (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Multifocal Motor Neuropathy: “Great medication for my Myasthenia Gravis (a chronic autoimmune neuromuscular disease), but very expensive. Company is not helping with cost if you have MG . They are using FDA guidelines...I will need to stop using it after several years.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 31, 2017

Gamunex-C (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: “Worked fine and lasted 9 months first time. Second and third time no blessing”

pamelami · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 24, 2016

Gamunex-C (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “Changed my life. Much healthier now.”

laurah111 January 7, 2014

Gammagard Liquid (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy: “I was diagnosed in 2007 with Lewis-Sumner disorder a branch of Chronic Inflammatory Demyelination Polyradiculoneuropathy. I received a week of loaded doses of Gammagard then maintenance dose of 100 g and has been at 90 g for a few years now. This medicine is a great help for the atrophy in my legs but I do get side effects...moderate to severe back and muscle pain, cramping in my upper front main thigh muscle, foot and toes. Also a lot of hair loss and women should not get IVIG infusion when on their menstrual cycle. It causes more clots and a lot of increased flow than normally happens. Double up on your monthly femine products and be prepared to change them every 30 minutes. I also experience fatigue and frequent urination and headaches. Drink lots of water! I take Excedrine migraine.”

jjrolfe · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 5, 2013

Gammagard Liquid (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “The side effects are being down more than I am up. Headaches, fatigue, joint pain, nausea, diarrhea. ”

CIDP-Patient August 6, 2011

Gamunex-C (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy: “After 5 months of infusions I feel better although CIDP symptoms persist. Side effects were mouth sores/swollen lips both with white blisters starting after three days resolving after two weeks. Significant coverage of chest and back rash, large red blotches. Start on the fifth day and resolve after forming black scabs after three weeks. Will continue with last treatment and then quit.”

markleventhal May 11, 2011

Gamunex-C (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “I've been on Gamunex since it was introduced. I take 60 grams every three weeks in about 2-1/2 hours. I have no side effects and pre-medicate with Allegra and Advil. It is by far the easiest tolerated of any of the IViG products. I've used IViG for over 30 years. Works for me.”

markincleveland February 12, 2010

Gamunex-C (immune globulin intravenous and subcutaneous) for Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: “In a 2007 study Gamunex was shown to have the least side effect of any of the IViG products”