User Reviews for Ergotamine

Also known as: Ergomar

Migraine

Summary of Ergotamine reviews 5.0 4 reviews

Reviews for Ergotamine

For Migraine: "I was given a sample dose nasal spray of migranal which contains ergotamine. I used it once, and several hours later I still had a bad migraine headache. But I started having severe leg cramps, and could hardly walk. Then came the shortness of breath, followed by not being able to urinate. My legs swelled up so that I couldn't bend my knees, at which point I went back to the walk in clinic. I was admitted to hospital for a week and put on an I.V. to drain all the fluid that was now building up in my lungs, my kidneys were in distress and my liver was enlarged and the enzymes were a mess. I was then sent for. CT scan, an MRI and numerous cardiology tests. I was told the ergotamine had constricted all blood vessels in my body and not just in my brain as the drug is supposed to. Very scary time! I will not be taking any other migraine meds anytime soon as the insult to my body lasted 8 months."

Heidi (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

For Migraine: "A highly qualified neurologist and headache specialist gave our 13 year old daughter this medication and within 48 she had lost circulation below the injection site in both legs and was pre-gangrenous. Two weeks in intensive care followed, reversing -- thank God-- this unmentioned side effect. She learned to walk again but never regained full function of her big toes. beware of ergotamines!"

Her mother (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

For Migraine: "I have used this medicine for 60 years and have found that a dose of 0.5 mg concurrently with 50 mg caffeine taken in conjunction with 3 x 200 mg pills of ibuprofen (total dose 600 mg) enables me to continue my life and work without too many problems. The alternative of not taking this medicine is horrifying with nausea, vomit, head pain and total dereliction for 2 days. I have also experienced cramps and breathing difficulties without the use of ergotamine tartrate."

daibread September 1, 2011

Ergomar (ergotamine) for Migraine: "Medications with ergotamine are the only thing that have ever stopped a migraine at the visual disturbance stage for me. I used to take Cafergot, but that took forever if I had just eaten. Ergomar dissolves under the tongue and works fast. It's the best thing ever for a "classic" migraine."

KarenHG January 15, 2009