User Reviews for Vitamin D2 to treat Vitamin D Deficiency

Vitamin D2 has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency. 67% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 17% reported a negative experience.

Vitamin D2 rating summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 27 medications used in the treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency.

D-is-key · October 18, 2009

"After years of chronic pain and depression that responded to nothing I finally asked for a Vitamin D blood test. BINGO. Low normal is 40 - I was a 4. After 8 weeks of once a week doses of 50,000 units, and a daily dose of 2000 units, I am feeling better than I have in years! I live in AZ - low D can happen anywhere!"

Anonymous · October 10, 2010

"Leg/foot cramps stopped - hair stopped falling out - joint (knee) pain considerably better - more energy. I had no idea I was deficient since I live in Southern Arizona and am in the sun a LOT - plus I was taking 2,000IU of a good (Carlson) supplement. I highly recommend this product"

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month · November 20, 2020

"I’ve been feeling tired and weary for months now. I have severe reflux and dysphasia and GERD. Dairy allergy. I had a flare up and ended up cutting ALL dairy (I still ate a small amount at times) but since then I figured the fatigue must be a vitamin deficiency. And I was right my vitamin D level was 15. I started my 50,000 once a week vitamin D2 yesterday at 3pm. No symptoms then but couldn’t fall asleep until after 1:00am. It is now the 2nd day and I started having a lot of diarrhea around 10:00 am. And getting tired again. Praying no other side effects. I hope everyone hangs in there I know it’s frustrating. My husband doesn’t understand just how awful I feel Being vitamin defi. and no ones does until they go through it. I know you guys don’t feel the best but hang in there and if you have any strange side effects reach out to your dr to make sure you get good advise. To those feeling better- so happy for you guys !!!"

crushing knee pain · October 28, 2009

"I have had major surgery for osteochondrites dessicans when I was a young adult, and recently have begun to experience chronic Pain (bad) difficulty bending my Knee, and was prescribed 50,000 units once a week for 8 weeks, by my PCP not the orthopedic surgeon, and I am shocked my pain has dropped to almost non existent, knee bends fine."

Kay · Taken for 2 to 5 years · February 15, 2020

"I took Vitamin D2 50,000iu and it caused me to have heart palpitations. It also caused anxiety but was probably because the palpitations were quite concerning. I didn't realize it was the D that was causing them until I forgot to take it one week. I took it for a few months before I realised it. Stopped taking it and no more palps. Tried taking Vitamin D3 2000iu daily and within 3 days of taking it I had the palpitations again. I then tried 400iu a day for about 3 weeks and no palpitations. I am now trying 600iu and having palpitations again. It is definitely the Vitamin D because when I stop taking it all together the palpitations stop completely. I am deficient with a level at 18. Been trying to take these for a few years without success. Maybe building up a tolerance with a low dose will work. I hope."

HatesMedicine · Taken for less than 1 month · December 7, 2017

"Doctor prescribed to take one pill 10,000 units once a week. I took one pill and was highly allergic to it, I almost died because the doctors didn't know how to treat me. My body temperature was through the roof, hives, swollen muscles, lungs failed, all from one pill. I saw three different doctors. First doctor gave me a shot. The steroid shot did nothing for me, too low of dosage. Second doctor prescribed prednisone but didn't put me on it long enough. I was having allergic reaction for a whole month. After two weeks, I finally saw a specialist who was able to treat it but the heavy medication I was on caused me to have liver damage and other problems."

Yesman619 · April 5, 2021

"It works, no side effects whatsoever excellent source in the winter, with a low vit d level 25.1 I knew I felt weak. I take it in the morning every week..."

Learn more about Vitamin D Deficiency