User Reviews for Cyanocobalamin to treat Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Also known as: B-12, B-12 Dots, B-12 Resin, Big Shot B-12, CaloMist, Cobal 1000, Cobolin-M, Crystal B-12, Crystamine, Crysti-12, Cyanoject, Cyomin, Depo-Cobolin, Eligen B12, LA-12, Nascobal, Neuroforte-R, Rubesol-1000, Sytobex, Twelve Resin-K, Vita #12, Vitabee 12, Vitamin B12 …show all brand names

Cyanocobalamin Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Vitamin B12 Deficiency.

Reviews for Cyanocobalamin

Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin): "Not good, after just two injections I have loss of urinating control, dizziness, feeling not in control. Just feeling peculiar. I have stopped the planned course after two injections..... Hoping the effects will pass . Interaction with other taken medications not expected."

Tommo (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

"I have been eating a plant based, whole food diet (vegan) for the last year and taking this form of b12 every day. I take 1000 mcg twice daily and this has not helped at all. I have become more and more tired and just don't have energy to do the normal activities of daily living. I have been researching and found many people can not utilize this form of cobalamine and have taken methylcobalmine with great success. I took my first dose tonight and will report back. There was even a doctor who reported that in his practice he found the above information to be true with respect to oral supplementation. He did say that injections of cyanocobalamine worked but the oral form failed. Sublingual methylcobalamine did work with his patients."

hondoman45 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 13, 2017

Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin): "I am 50 Initially I tried it to fight depression and low energy. Hoped it would help me trim off 10 lbs without the need for a diet. At first it helped, but after a few months I started gaining weight and developed muscle fatigue. I literally weakened by about 20% These injections began having a negative effect on me for everything I hoped they would help. I am not taking another one."

NotForMe (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2015

Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin): "I started injections about a two months ago. The first month was an injection once a week. Now I go once a month. The only thing I have noticed is a huge increase in back pain. I had to go to the emergency twice! No one told me I might have pain. But it makes sense, my nerves are waking up. Also I feel seriously bloated. Sometimes my jeans fit fine, sometimes they are tight. It's not vanity, I am fighting diabetes with diet and exercise, so the weight changes are disheartening. Other than the pain and bloat I don't really notice much difference."

Tessamess (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2014

Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin): "No after taste at unlike all the others that I have tried -- and it does not cause awful tasting gas unlike all the others that I have tried. Smaller than most of the others too!"

Astroraider December 8, 2014

Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin): "I was on Vitamin B12 injections years ago and felt good, the thing is my workmates mentioned how I was different. I also have a thyroid problem and have started my injections again. I just didn't know why or what had me feeling so bad. I was diagnosed with BiPolar, but I wonder even with just B12 deficiency or thyroid alone, they have such a impact. But together I am very affected. Once I feel better I will see if I am BiPolar. The B12 injections do help, maybe not instantly, maybe days or longer, but they help 100%."

Koalamaiden. (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2014

Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin): "I lacked the intrinsic factor to absorb Vitamin B12 from food since I was in my 30s. I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2x and now am age 55 I increasingly find that I am dependent on the b12 for energy, mood and weight maintenance. I can tell when my levels are low without a calendar as this usually occurs about 3-5 days before the end of the month when I am do for my shot."

khbrook January 7, 2012

"Has increased my B-12 numbers. Plus I have alot more energy and losing weight."

billmill09 July 21, 2010

CaloMist (cyanocobalamin): "I couldn't be happier with Calomist. I've been using it now for about 4 months and I would recommend it to anyone who is taking any form of B12. I used to get B12 injections, but not anymore."

RazrBlazr July 15, 2008